Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Ft Benning 3 Gun

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a link to read the rules for this years match? I could not find it in this thread.

They were posted in early May & There is a link on this thread wa-a-a-ay back in the beginning. They are on the match website: Main Page Ft Benning 3 Gun and I also posted a set here. The text in red (on the set I posted here) are the changes to the rules since last year.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2008 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

FB3G_2008_Rules.pdf

The match hotel is the only place we have coordinated for ammo acceptance. It would be impossible to contact all the Columbus area hotels. Most will be willing to work with you if you call. The unit WILL NOT accept ammo shipments they will be redirected to the Ft Benning Ammo Storage Point, held and returned. Look forward to seeing you all in Dec.

BigHamp

If you are Match Staff & have a problem because you are staying at a hotel that will not accept shipped ammo, email me off forum.

LChico@msn.com

Do NOT send a PM via this forum. I need all the match information in one place.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2008 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Hey, how many of you are going to use handloads for the longer stuff this year? I've handloaded for a long time for my bolt guns, but hadn't done anything yet for the AR until today. Just curious how many people do this or just go with something commercially available.

Also, those who don't have easy access to longer ranges can check out www.exteriorballistics.com for Sierra's basic tables. According to that, even at 3000fps (and that's very ambitious) with 69 SMKs, we're looking at an 86" holdover and 47" wind drift/10mph for the 600 yard paper that's been mentioned...

Now, where did I leave that chronograph...

I use 55gr for shorter range (out to 100yds) and handload either 68gr or 75gr for everything else....the handloads group better! the only exception to this is if I have some Hornady Tap 75gr....they group well too and work really well for long range

Cheryl :)

I'm with you Cheryl and should have qualified my ammo by saying that of the 250 it'll probably be 200 55gr.'s and then a box of the "good stuff" for long range.

I usually roll all my own, but with a hopeful move to a new house soon, setting up another press, even if I already own it, is not on the priority list.

Rich

The last two years it was in the low 50's at night and the low 70's during the day.

Bring clothes foreverything! It has misted rain in the past and been cold in the mornings and then hot in the afternoons. So far we have been lucky and not really had any of that Ft. Benning rain I remember from when I was there in 81!!!

[quote name='recon215' date='Oct 24 2008, 06:44 PM' post='843670'

Bring clothes foreverything! It has misted rain in the past and been cold in the mornings and then hot in the afternoons. So far we have been lucky and not really had any of that Ft. Benning rain I remember from when I was there in 81!!!

1981?! I don't think I was in Jr. High school in 81. :)

You're both babies!

I'd been back from Viet Nam and out of the Marine Corps for 13 years before you went to Ft Benning!

Yeah, there was some misting rain but it burned off by 0830. Two years it was windy and cool from that in the morning and of course it'll cool off at dusk. Once the sun was up it seemed to hit 70 pretty quick and stay there though.

You're both babies!

I'd been back from Viet Nam and out of the Marine Corps for 13 years before you went to Ft Benning!

Yeah, there was some misting rain but it burned off by 0830. Two years it was windy and cool from that in the morning and of course it'll cool off at dusk. Once the sun was up it seemed to hit 70 pretty quick and stay there though.

Does that make your Marine Corps issue rifle a brown bess? In 1981, my daddy hadnt even thought about me. You are really REALLY "experienced" my friend.

You're both babies!

Does that make your Marine Corps issue rifle a brown bess? In 1981, my daddy hadnt even thought about me. You are really REALLY "experienced" my friend.

Yes Mike was a horse Marine. :roflol:

He very familiar with the oldest weapon used by Marines....

The sword ! :sight:

It was damn cold sitting outside Hooters one evening last year, eating with no jacket, mind you they refused to serve me beer so maybe that was why I was soooo cold as I was going cold turkey !

I just thought I looked a youthfull 40 - but they also asked Scout454 for his ID and as Mike has aready said he is well into his 90's !! :roflol:

Must take ID showing age, must take ID showing age....!!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by mike.45