Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does IDPA Need A Grand Master Classification ?

MichiganShootist

STUDLY:slang : attractively masculine : hunky...here in the south we just callem chunky...

michiganshootist:qoute:We have quite a few shooters in my state that are a Master in SSP (arguably the easiest division to make Master) and are now shooting as an ESP EXP (some with the same gun and load-- which is legal but it just doesn't sound right)...and one shooter that is a SSP & ESP Master who this year started shooting CDP... as an EXP.

i truely think some guys just can't handle the 165pf very well,[in certain weapons],transforming to a 1911 base platform from a glock..or? SSP/ESP gun will effect quite a few...a fellow shooter here[Hopalong}for 3rys ate me up shooting a ESR625 @165Pf,he is an expert/master++with that gun and me SS/EXP+ cdp shooter,but when he went to switching over to cdp he had trouble with the torque of the 45 in the skinny gun,plus the fact he was reloading every 6 rnds,but he has since overcome that issue and is now @ and above the master level[thanks to L10]..another example..JoeD just recently in a post said he was starting off this yr in CDP as an EXP,he to has been a SSP/ESP MA with the glock platform for several yrs,but he shouldn't have any trouble adapting,since he was an old bullseye shooter...i don't see the issue of one step down in a division for shooters...now...if the shooter is a ESR/SSR master for years,then decides to shoot SSP/ESP/CDP as a MM,then i think there would be a problem and vise versa...this is where alot of the fun,or serious trash talkin comes in at during the local match every month..now..unless it was a state or regional match ..then he would have to shoot as a Master....so the question is ..do you just stay in the same division for years and shoot your same class..or do you just shoot to YOUR level that you want to be,and then start switching divisions and shooting till you get to the same level.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you must find it studly to shoot a Glock.

Well, I have to admit I am loving shooting a Glock 17 in competition. The least common denominator handgun. Kick butt with a G17 and they certainly can't accuse you of buying the win. :lol: