Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Amateurs vs. Professionals

zhunter

It looks like there will be about 17-18 Professionals at the Pro-Am. That's about what I expected. The amateur count is going to be about 100. That's not what I expected, but I think that next year's match will be much more full after Shooting USA airs this year's event.

The Pro's shoot for stage money as well as overall finish. The amateurs will have their own separate prize table allocated by overall finish within their classification. 1st M, A, B, C, etc.

It should be a blast! See the stages attached and judge for yourself.

post-786-1213216893.jpg

post-786-1213216901.jpg

post-786-1213216907.jpg

post-786-1213216911.jpg

post-786-1213216917.jpg

post-786-1213216921.jpg

post-786-1213216926.jpg

post-786-1213216930.jpg

post-786-1213216936.jpg

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to see how this can work at a regular match, section match or area match pic up a skeet or trap program and read the entry fee and cash option information. This is done at most skeet , trap and sporting clays shoots. Payouts are high overall and by class.

There is even a computer rpogram that can run the whole thing and print out the rsults with the payout amounts. It would be very easy to modify the program to our game.

Edited by Jaxshooter

• 3 weeks later...

Personally i think this whole idea sounds great.. How many of you guys have bowled in a Mens League? or at the City and State tournaments.. There's more money won and lost on all the side bet's and pools and boards then they ever pay out through normal channels... A lot of the men's leagues pay out more the $1500 per person for the winning team and a lot of them should be considered "pro's".. Like a lot of folks they just can't afford to pay for all the ancillary stuff, food, lodging, travel..

So if nothing else..get the side boards up, pools.. you'd be surprised at how many folks will put up to see if they have what it takes.. I've watched guys walk away with several hundred dollars in one night at bowling..

I'd work a match to watch the top guys shoot it out for a good size prize table.. but you better have some darn good Range officers.. cause there's going to be a lot of challenges to scoring..

Love to see it..

Jeff.

I'd love to see a big money match. I don't think I'd like to see the sport divide up. I like what we have. I don't think we have the numbers to do what this thread initially poses. Yeah, we have more than ever, but I don't think it's enough. There are millions of participants in the sports that people on this thread keep making analogies too. How many do we have, 17,000 with a little over 1/2 competeing each month. I may be just too conservative, but the idea of gambling, side bets, and big money buy ins in USPSA is not conducive to the level of seriousness and respect I think the sport garnishes or wants. And I don't buy the argument that it would make us any more legit. Maybe I'm old fashioned, I don't know. I do know that I really liked shooting with a big dog in the sport at Area 5 and the addition of $$$$$ would drastically curtail those opportunities. I think we could see a division in comaraderie if these guys where suddenly worried about all the money.