Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Virgin -- no more ! Range report.

DaBird

Hello ,

I posted about a month ago that I bought a used pair of Elite Match pistols , one in 9mm and the other in .40S&W. This past Tuesday I got to take them to the indoor range and shoot them for the first time. I AM IMPRESSED !!!! I used/use a Colt Gold Cup and then a Para-Ordnance in USPSA/IPSC shoots for almost 20 years. If only I had known/tried a EAA Witness before now!!!!

I shot about 150rds. of my handloaded .40s and only 1 box of 50 factory 9mm --- I will try to post a pic of my FIRST 10rds. thru the .40 --- it was at 15 yards and I started with the gun in hand --- used my Pro-Timer and finished the 10 shots in 5.76 .

Also the first time I reloaded .40 ---- have been shooting 10mm for years in my S&W 610 and Colt Delta Elites -------- I had two "weird" malfunctions with the .40 , about 1/2 way thru the mag -- the loaded round "jumped up" and stuck half in/out of the ejection port !!!! I got three 10mm and one .40 mag with the gun , I was too excited and having fun , so I don't know what mag both the malfunctions occured with.

Now to get a 10mm replacement brl. for the .40 and a .38 Super brl. for the 9mm and I WILL BE A HAPPY CAMPER !!!

Ps --- I have small hands and the Witness feels much better then the Para-Ords I got used to. Almost like holding a long-neck beer instead of a quart !!!

DSC01504.jpg

Stay safe and have FUN :cheers: DaBird