Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1st Match

Paul Burtchell

Well, after watching me shoot matches for about 9 months, my wife shot her first match Saturday.

She had a blast. :cheers:

She does not have any prior experience with firearms so once she decided to shoot a match, about a month ago, we have had a very intensive safety and training program. Lots of dryfire practice, learning the rules, range commands etc...

I must say I was very proud of her. No safety issues of any kind & shot all A's on her first stage !! It went downhill from there on the accuracy :rolleyes: She really took her time and just walked thru the COF's.

She shot with another ladyfriend of hers which was also her first match. They both had a great time and both cannot wait until the next match. Their next match will be in about a month and will be an IDPA match which our local club is sponsoring a "free shoot" for all ladies and will feature an all ladies squad.

Good to see the ladies getting involved. Makes the purchase of that next "future blaster" an easier purchase. :rolleyes:

Edited by baerburtchell

She shot very well with a GLOCK 34 this weekend, but she's eyeing my STI
Good to see the ladies getting involved. Makes the purchase of that next "future blaster" an easier purchase. rolleyes.gif

The 1st statement makes the 2nd statement possible. :rolleyes:

Paul,

Great shooting with you and the Mrs. See ya next month.

Doug

Likewise Doug. Man, you shot a great match. :cheers:

Your son is WELL on his way too . He's a great little shooter and very polite and well mannered. I know you are rightfully very proud of him.

She shot very well with a GLOCK 34 this weekend, but she's eyeing my STI
Good to see the ladies getting involved. Makes the purchase of that next "future blaster" an easier purchase. rolleyes.gif

The 1st statement makes the 2nd statement possible. :rolleyes:

Ah, good point !!