Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

20% OFF NEW GRIP SALE

sinnsyk

Celebrating the new grips, I am offering for all BE'ers who is paying attention..

Next week my Contour grips will be available for

(A) Large Frame Gold Team & Limited with magwells [20% OFF WEB PRICE]

Week after:

(B)Small Frame Stock II for all you international guys lucky enough to own this gun [20% OFF WEB PRICE] !!!

Also offering checkering and custom color options. My anodizer can do 6 different colors. Black and Satin is my standard inventoried colors. I am also going to offer 4 other cool colors which will be custom orders. May have a few in stock, but typically will have to get over there and have them done for you specifically. These colors are:

Pepsi Blue

Maroon Red

Forest Green

Sharp Violet

I don't have any pictures to show yet, I will have a few done and take pictures which will be up end of next week. In the mean time, trust your gut and go with a cool custom color of your choice.

This is a TWO WEEK SALE starting today. Place your order before March 21st and write in "20% OFF GRIPS" in the comment box.

It applies to Large Frame magwell grips and the Small Frame Stock II grips. Discount is also applied to custom color & checkering for these.

On all other products listed on my site, I will offer 10% off. This of course includes my Contour Grips for Match/Stock/Steel.

Discounts will not be applied to products on pre-order deals like my TiteFit pin and the new firing pin for small frame. The pricing on the two new grips reflect the permanent price, but I wanted to offer them at a deal to everyone here who has been waiting on these grips. So, if you read this post and paid attention you'll get the discount. Remember to write in "20% OFF GRIPS, 10% OFF PARTS" or something to that effect, I'm not picky about your wording ;-).

My good buddy Carlos from Madrid is coming into town tomorrow, Saturday. I have to take him up to the mountains to ski. He demands it... ;-). I will be available on cell phone (720) 352 1080, and I can check emails on my phone. Back in the office on Wednesday. Shipping of products, unless it's a custom color/checkering option etc will happen Thursday and Friday next week.

If you have any questions, just give me a call !

Btw. Here's a ski report from a few years back when Carlos and I were skiing in Colorado every weekend: http://henningshootsguns.com/pages/skico_keystone.html

Edited by sinnsyk

so I would like the Limited Custom with magwell,..(larg frame),..but in Pepsi Blue (just got to be different LOL)

Can i place my order for it with the other items,..and just have you ship the parts when you get them in...?

MO

I think Pepsi Blue is going to be very cool, already have others ordered them so I'll probably make up a few. Yep, just place your order any time and I'll ship as soon as ready. I will take a batch of grips to the anodizer today and just guestimate qtys on various colors. Which if you place your order (custom color) soon you'll probably get it sooner as well.

I am just in the webstore now,..filling my cart....

About the checkering,....can it be applied to the colored grips for Limited with magwell.....? I prefer checkering aggressive on left side panel, just below mag release path...(ie: so the thumbs path to the mag release is not checkered),..is the possible?

I'm going to have do checkering & coloring on a custom basis, so the checkering will be done prior to checkering. Or if you want, it can be applied after. After would remove some of the color, but also make it stand out more. I'm going to do fairly aggressive checkering.

Oh oke that's nice, I like aggressive checkering. I will trust you on this one. It doesn't matter for me if you do the checkering before coloring or after. Just to the thing thats suits you best ;). Maybe checkering before coloring is better so that the exposed metal in the groves doesn't rust. The checkering on the front and back of the grip on my Tanfoglio is really hard to maintain and keep clean.

But I will write my wishes in the order ;)

Oh oke that's nice, I like aggressive checkering. I will trust you on this one. It doesn't matter for me if you do the checkering before coloring or after. Just to the thing thats suits you best ;). Maybe checkering before coloring is better so that the exposed metal in the groves doesn't rust. The checkering on the front and back of the grip on my Tanfoglio is really hard to maintain and keep clean.

But I will write my wishes in the order ;)

same here, before coloring...

i went up to the mc shop tonite and we are doing a 20lpi sharp diamond checkering. The grips will be checkered, then colored. Pepsi Blue will look really cool.

Jim, for ur match, I already have those. Get the Satin and build up with putty and grip tape.

i went up to the mc shop tonite and we are doing a 20lpi sharp diamond checkering. The grips will be checkered, then colored. Pepsi Blue will look really cool.

Jim, for ur match, I already have those. Get the Satin and build up with putty and grip tape.

PICTURES!!!

Thanks for the 20% offer Henning - your grips are gonna kick ass!

~Mitch

i've got magwell grips at the plater; satin, black and blue. As soon as I've got the checkered ones done I'm gonna do one in each color and put up pics.. Non-checkered grips can ship mid next week, checkered will be following week.

I'll write up a new article once I've got good pics.

do you think it may be possible to checker mine up on the left just below the thumb path for the mag release. I like that area to be smooth. If it is a new program it may not be possible,...but if it is that would be great.

we can do anything, just a matter of time and cost. Post a drawing. If anyone else wants the same it may make sense, otherwise yours could be expensive. Right now the cad we've got will checker everything except a small border around. And checker both sides.

As long as it has checkering it's good ;) Is the checkering on the front and backstrap of the Limited Custom also 20 LPI ??? For me checkering on the entire grip panel, don't like smooth zones.

What kind of checkering is this and what LPI ? Maybe an idea that more will like ?

gcdb2BIG.jpg

diamond3_BIG.jpg

Edited by TMFAKBFS

we can do anything, just a matter of time and cost. Post a drawing. If anyone else wants the same it may make sense, otherwise yours could be expensive. Right now the cad we've got will checker everything except a small border around. And checker both sides.

I am with Mo on this. Relieve the thumb path on the left side and no checkering in the area of the thumb path. I think Blue will work very nicely, although the red could be good. Ordering blind....I would go with Pepsi Blue! :cheers: Here is a picture of the wood grips I sanded down and textured and the aluminum grips I build up with putty except for the area of the thumb on the left side. Both of these are thinned to the max on the left side for the thumb to reach the mag release.

post-9465-1205104552.jpgpost-9465-1205104562.jpg

yep, that thinner area is where it would prefer it to be smooth,....so as to not interfere with my thumb when I press the mag release.....I purposely do not put grip tape on that thinner section because I feel the grip tape may interfere with my thumb movement.

vote NOW; smooth top on both sides or not?

Checkering is happening right now and R&D is finalized on Tue eve/ Wed day.

If we're gonna do smooth tops it's gonna be on both sides for two reasons:

- lefties

- trigger finger should have smooth surface to ride on as well

I vote smooth tops,...I don't find it hinders anything to have the top above the mag release path smooth,...

Here is a picture of how high on the weak hand side I place the grip tape.....

stock2-1.jpg

here is the other side...I find the lower area near the bottom rear can be a little slippy....

100_1428.jpg

Edited by Mo Hepworth