Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Boyd Coddington - dies at age 63

UW Mitch

I didn't care much for his attitude, but I did like his work. We lost that old guy too some time ago.... that dude used to blow-up coffee cups and scare the shit out of guys. I liked that craggy old bastard. LOL What was his name...? Vern?

I too get weary of these "reality shows". They are always under some kind of deadline to get the project done. Most are pretty dumb. How did they get all of those guys to speak in that same stupid "sing song" way of talking.

Beats me. In a previous life I got the chance to do some work for Monster Garage (off air, not on air) and found it all to be a little too contrived. It was a LOT like TV, even though the reality component was there. Sure, you didnt' get your tools if you didn't make deadline, but then they want you to replay things and 'act'.

This thread is about the death of a man. I didnt know him and might not have liked him if I did, but I did admire some of his work. TV sets have buttons to change channels and turn them on and off, your computer has a back button. If you dont like a TV program or this thread just select the correct button and use it. Rest in peace Mr. Coddington.---------Larry

This thread is about the death of a man. I didnt know him and might not have liked him if I did, but I did admire some of his work. TV sets have buttons to change channels and turn them on and off, your computer has a back button. If you dont like a TV program or this thread just select the correct button and use it. Rest in peace Mr. Coddington.---------Larry

I still didn't like the way he treated people on the show... that doesn't mean I don't respect his skills. I already smoked the wheels for him when I heard, but I refuse to act like the guy was a Saint when he obviously wasn't. Sorry you didn't like my comments, but as Rhett said to Scarlett....

Yep Merlin, you are right. This thread didnt have a word in it about Spartans, Glocks or RRAs and Kimbers and Joe D couldent find anything good or even netural to say, just didnt like the TV show. Sorry if anyone mistook what I meant to say, that is unless the shoe fit.-----------Larry

I still didn't like the way he treated people on the show... that doesn't mean I don't respect his skills. I already smoked the wheels for him when I heard, but I refuse to act like the guy was a Saint when he obviously wasn't. Sorry you didn't like my comments, but as Rhett said to Scarlett....

If you read around, Boyd's 'tude was made for TV. I think if you actually talked to the people involved, that you'd find out that much of the drama on the show was manufactured.

RIP Boyd.

I remember when he started making wheels in his garage. He is an inspiration to all the new Rod builders like foose and those other guys w TV shows. I'll miss his cars for sure. could only tolerate bits n peices of the tv show. He acted like west coast choppers too much on TV. again, thats why theres 500 other channels. May he rest in peace.