Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

More Shootings in the News

JFlowers

Looks like there have been two shootings today (Wednesday the 27th)!

One at the University of Arkansas (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,333211,00.html) and one at a bus stop outside a middle school in LA (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,333350,00.html).

Thats ... 6 in the last three weeks! What is going on?!?!?!?!?

Gangs, drugs, or people in need of help who want to go out and make a name for themselves.

Not to mention Gun Free Zones, and the phenomenon of operant conditioning provided to the gunmen by violent media, video games, etc...

We're enabling all these sick attention-getters! I'm continuously outraged at how much TV coverage this crap gets. We're just constantly askin' for it, I swear. Media coverage should be dropped to a FRACTION of what we're giving it! :angry2::angry2:

We're enabling all these sick attention-getters! I'm continuously outraged at how much TV coverage this crap gets. We're just constantly askin' for it, I swear. Media coverage should be dropped to a FRACTION of what we're giving it! :angry2::angry2:

You are, as usual, right.

Read a long time ago a quote from someone in my grandfather's generation that went something like:

"When I was a kid, we had MUCH greater access to guns than today's kids. Difference is, we knew better than to use those guns on each other."

As far as what's going on with these recent ones? I wish I knew & also had an answer as to how to reign these violent people in.

These stories always flood the news around campaign/election time. When you go back through the records though you'll find that they aren't happening any more frequently now than any other time they're just being reported more.

+1