Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

KKM barrel

ofcrfs242

background: I am currently shooting a Glock 22 but will be switching to a G-35. My fiance wants to shoot the 22. When I built the 22 I put a Barsto barrel in it. Had numerous feeding issues with jacketed bullets that measured .400. The slide would not go into battery. Took a firm grip on the slide and a FIRM hit to the frame with the other hand to eject the unspent round. Tried loading somelead that was sized to .401. NONE of the rounds loaded with lead would go into battery or the chamber. Started playing with a micrometer and discovered that the chamber on the Barsto was .005 tighter than my Dillon case gauge. Sent the Barsto to a smith who ran a reamer down it and it feeds flawlessly.

I am picking up my new Glock 35 on Thursday and have decided to go with a KKM barrel. Has anyone had experience with this barrel and lead bullets sized to .401? Will it feed reliably or am I going to have to send it to a smith to be reamed as well? Any first hand experience would be appreciated.

Thanks Robert

Call KKM and see what they say..

I did and they were great to talk to. They advised that their chamber is tight and did not know if it would function with oversized lead bullets ie .401. But would function with jacketed sized .400.

Anyone with first hand experience of the KKM barrel and lead bullets sized .401?

you dont need a reamer. even for the barsto. all you need is a lee FCD.

Tried the Lee FCD. Tried the EGW U die. None of it worked reliably. The chamber was TIGHT. Could not get that barrel to feed any lead. Now after having a smith run a reamer it will eat anything.

Thanks it looks like the KKM is going to be the one.

Robert

I found myself in the same quandary not to long ago. Began bouncing from load to load and barrel to barrel. Annoying to me. So I developed a single 100% reliable load for a factory G35 barrel and stopped. Sold the KKM barrel and use the LWD barrel as an expensive but effective case gauge. The load by the way uses black moly coated lead "Billy Bullets".

Jim M