Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Road Ends Shooting Club is officially CLOSED FOR GOOD!

timamal

We apologize for the delay in notifying everyone, but after much effort and expense we have exhausted all of our options and have no further legal recourse. Sadly, Road Ends Shooting Club is no longer. Our attorneys did their best, but with all the things the County and Code Enforcement wanted us to do we would be looking at nearly a quarter-million dollars just to be able to re-open the club. Obviously this isn't viable, and we've exhausted all available funds as it is.

Tim has promised me that he would send out an update with more details. I will also post it here as soon as I get it from him. I know that you all are as disappointed and frustrated as I am - we had a good thing going.

I want to personally thank everyone who showed so much support throughout this and thank all our members for their patience and understanding through this ordeal.

- Scott Hartman, webmaster

Our attorneys did their best, but with all the things the County and Code Enforcement wanted us to do we would be looking at nearly a quarter-million dollars just to be able to re-open the club. Obviously this isn't viable, and we've exhausted all available funds as it is.

- Scott Hartman, webmaster

Sounds like what they REALLY wanted is exactly what they got: they made it economically impossible to have a shooting range in that location. Result: range shuts down & gun owners stop shooting (or passing on their sport to family and friends).

Today is a victory - for the anti-gun forces.

I am sorry for your loss. Hope you all can find a nearby venue soon. Why is it we hear a lot about range closings but almost nothing about range openings?