CM 99-41 Works For Me

Singlestack

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
Guest nmchenry

I will be shooting this one soon and would like advice as to where to start and where to go.  I am right handed and am thinking of starting on my draw side trying to take out the far left pepper popper (one shot), the far target, the other pepper popper (one shot) and then left to right the remaining two targets, do mag change as moving to left side of barricade and left to right take out the remaining two papers on that side and re-engaging any steel if I missed them.  I am a low C shooter.  Any ideas?

I shot this one in July and did pretty good (for me 72%). I drew on T2 (left side) then took T1. Mag change and everything else from the right side. On the right side I took T4 first then T3, PP2, T5, PP1. Felt real smooth. I am right handed also.

nmchenry,

The folks on the board here often say to start (and finish) on the easiest target possible.  You are looking to start on the hardest. (PP1 from the right side)

I would likely start on the right side paper...T3 first (or T4 if that felt comfortable) then move in for PP2, T5, and PP1, then reload on the way to the left side for the last two paper.

I like SingleStack's left side start too.  But, I would have to remind myself to setup in the right side of the shooting box so I could get to PP1 without having to shuffle my feet.

nmcherry, that's the way I'd shoot it unless you have to lean a lot to get PP1 from the right. IIRC, you don't.

And I'd be real aggressive on the steel because you can pick them up later from the other side if needed. I like to draw to PPs because they are forgiving (bigger than paper A zones).

OK, I just checked; I shot a 89% Limited score this way.

• 2 months later...

We shot this one today, finally managed a classifier with out the usuall crash and burn.  

Started on right side T4-T3-PP2-T5-PP1, reload picked up the left side T2-and T1.   I did'nt call my shot on the last target T1 never saw the front sight lift ended taking an unnecessary extra shot....the third A did'nt help.  

However, it was nice not to blow one for a change!

• 1 month later...

Looking like my 57 points @ 7.66 with a HF of 7.4413 will be around a 72% then. Acceptable for me right now. Been in a funk lately and looks like I am getting out of it. Shooting for that A card soon. 72 is a bit short but it should help bring me up from a slump. We shoot the El Prez today. Hmmmm. Anyone up for new classifiers?

• 5 months later...

We shot this one last Sat.  I'm right-handed and chose this order T4, T3, PP2, T5 change mag then PP1, T2 and T1.

Here were my results:

Joe C Limited10 56 0 10.73 5.2190

I imagine that is a decent 'C' performance.

Joe

• 5 months later...

I shot this one with a different technique yesterday. Draw around the right side to left popper, then right popper, two paper, reload, left to right on remaining paper, ending on the far middle paper. I just don't like zig-zagging the gun up and down.

52 points in 5.78 seconds with a blown 1.83 reload and a slow 1.41 draw. Whacked a B, some Cs, and a Doggie. Splits of .14 and transitions of .19.

Edited by Erik Warren

57 points in 5.43 seconds, 95%. Open.

My best ever classifier.

Drew on far left, shot straight across left to right, went far right after the reload and shot straight across right to left.

I practiced the living crap outta this one in this basement with tiny targets. It felt reaaaalllllly smooth. the dot just floated across the targets....

Place Name No. Class Division Points Penalties Time Hit Factor Stage Pts Stage %

1 Anderson, Steve 34 U Open 57 0 5.43 10.4972 60.0000 100.00%

SA

btw, I shot the far paper in its place in line from the right, going left. Can't remember if it was last or not in my view.

• 1 month later...

Limited, 7.42, 55pts

This one should get me a "B" card...

Shot the left paper array first, left to right, reload, shot everything else from the right, from right to left, finished on the left PP.

Felt pretty fast and still not an A score. This is a tough game.... <_<

• 7 months later...

Limited, 51 points @ 6.94 for 7.3487 HF. (Blown reload, steel makeup, and D hits. Shot a PP and two targets from the right and everything else from the left, which is a horrible way to do it.)

Limited 10, 8.5911 HF. (Blown reload again, only one D hit this time, really cranking out rounds on the targets in a different order.)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OK, now I'm on board with what is a much better strategy. Outside in, both sides, starting with the holster side. On the start side, work all the way in to the second popper. The important thing is you are only leaving the two paper for when you go to your weak side.

Limited, 5.60, two Charlies and a Miss (nooooooo!!!!!). That sound you hear is a beautiful GM run going down the toilet.

Guest Larry Cazes

Yup Erik, thats how I shot it. Leave as little for the weak side as the stage description allows.

Limited C class, 53 points, 9.71 secs, 5.45HF.

Should come in around 49.5%.

We shot this thing in Memphis today....

cjl32 master limited 5.59

8 alpha

3 charlie

1 delta

54 points

HF 9.7826 :P

Hopalong B revolver 8.79

11 alpha

1 charlie

59 points

HF 6.7121 <_<

we both are on the edge of going up in class, could you give us an Idea where they stack up???

cjl32 shot the left two paper, reloaded and cleaned up the right.

I on the other hand with my 6 shots at a time went right 3 paper reloaded and 2 paper and 2 pepper poppers.

Hopalong

Another weekend, another club...

Limited, 5.79, 4 C, 1 D, 9.15 hit factor

The flushing sound wasn't quite as loud this time. I did the outside-in thing but forgot the left popper and picked it up at the end from the left. Probably cost a couple tenths of CPU time.

Shot the D trying to get to the first popper before I was finished with the paper, I guess.

We shot this thing in Memphis today....

B  revolver      8.79

11 alpha

1 charlie

59 points

HF    6.7121  <_<

Hopalong

Some where around 72.73355605

B) Good Job!

Recently

Class : Production

PF : Minor