Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Home made vibrating primer tube filler

Shadowdog500

I bought my first Dillon from Brian Enos last week, I had it for a few days now and wanted a vibraprime. No one makes them anymore, so my wheels started turning.

Here is my first Dillon Video( I have a bunch of Loadmaster videos on youtube). I got an idea tonight to make a home made vibraprime out of a Lee Auto Prime and a vibrator. It worked! Here is a video to show how to make one yourself. I show it in use at the end of the video. I’m sure it is not as good as a real vibraprime, but for some reason they stopped making them.

Here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP0zqX8DAXQ

This is also my first post here.

Chris

PS Shadowdog500 said in the video "I don't know if you have to shake the Vibra-Prime or not"

Depends on which brand of primers you are using. All primers come in square boxes so we don't have to use the box lid to get them in the tray, but if using primers that come face up in the box (Winchesters come to mind) then no .... they fall out ready to go. But if using primers that come out of the box facing sideways (Federals) then yes ... they need persuaded to all face the same way!

Nothing different than you would have to do when using pick up sticks, though.

Keep thinking, folks! Since the (square!) primer trays for the VP are still available, all we really need is a block that holds the tray and tube in alignment and provides a ( :devil: ) orfice for "something that vibrates".

What fun we can have.

Later,

Chuck

Keep thinking, folks! Since the (square!) primer trays for the VP are still available, all we really need is a block that holds the tray and tube in alignment and provides a ( :devil: ) orfice for "something that vibrates".

What fun we can have.

Later,

Chuck

Thanks!!!,

I didnt know you could still get parts for it. Monkeying with the small round Lee tray is a limitation, but it is all I had laying around.

I knew the vibraprime was probably better, but was not available.

Now that I know I can get the tray, I may get one to try.

I pointed out on another forum, that filling the tubes manually is not a big deal, I juts had an idea and tried it out. I really don’t know if I would replace the manual method with this method yet.

Chris

That works very well with the VP tray, really you dont need a block or anything to hold the tube and tray. After you have the primers in the tray wrap a rubber band around the tray, stick the tube in the recess. hold it in place with your thumb an use the other hand for the vibrator. Its almost as fast to do as stated above but just shake the tray, no vibrator needed. I always worrried about haveing a vibrator on the bench with Merlin around, could get dicey. Just two tips from the National Institute.-----------Larry (Thats three tips if you count the one about Merlin)

Edited by Larry White

That works very well with the VP tray, really you dont need a block or anything to hold the tube and tray. After you have the primers in the tray wrap a rubber band around the tray, stick the tube in the recess. hold it in place with your thumb an use the other hand for the vibrator. Its almost as fast to do as stated above but just shake the tray, no vibrator needed. I always worrried about haveing a vibrator on the bench with Merlin around, could get dicey. Just two tips from the National Institute.-----------Larry

Wow,

A Bio-fueled VibraPrime. Going Green while exercising our Second Amendment rights. Pretty nice...

(and we can save our orifices and things that vibrate for other activities...)

I bought my first Dillon from Brian Enos last week, I had it for a few days now and wanted a vibraprime. No one makes them anymore, so my wheels started turning.

Here is my first Dillon Video( I have a bunch of Loadmaster videos on youtube). I got an idea tonight to make a home made vibraprime out of a Lee Auto Prime and a vibrator. It worked! Here is a video to show how to make one yourself. I show it in use at the end of the video. I’m sure it is not as good as a real vibraprime, but for some reason they stopped making them.

Here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP0zqX8DAXQ

This is also my first post here.

Chris

As usual great videos and Idea you have!!! :bow: Rick