Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moving to AZ

ogiebb

Finally got the Wife to agree and leave NYC... we are moving to Arizona...im applying for a transfer next year and we are currently looking for some property down there , if you know the area pls advise which place near Phoenix and Rio Salado :devil: is good to live at...thinking about good hospitals and nursing homes to work at as well (going back to the Medical field)

thanks

Edited by ogiebb

Bro', you are gonna love it here. We moved here 9 weeks ago from St. Louis. We live in Scottsdale which is the north-east corner of Phoenix. It is a great place to live. It has a reptuation as being snooty (Snotsdale) that I have found to be undeserving. There are a very large number of wealthy people, exotic cars and very attractive people but everyone has been exceptionally nice. Not sure about hospitals, etc. I'm actually up in the north portion of Scottsdale and it is about a 45 min drive to Rio which is actually southwest of Phoenix. Worth every min of the drive.

You might want to budget for increased ammunition costs. You can shoot just about every day/night of the week here.

Here you go! Good Luck!!!!

http://www.mvmedicalcenter.com/

NICE facility.

You can't bring guns here from NY. <_<

You'll have to buy ones on our approved list.

Jim M

Minor thread drift on...

I'm hoping I'm just tired and missing the sarcasm. (Ms. Neomet had me hiking today even though we have the big match tomorrow.)

thread drift off...

AUGUST,

Why don't you just move to NJ?

we have plenty of hospitals, you can pretty much do anything you want.

granted the weather is not as good as AZ but you can shoot just about every weekend, sometimes twice.

think about it.

Ron

Finally got the Wife to agree and leave NYC... we are moving to Arizona...im applying for a transfer next year and we are currently looking for some property down there , if you know the area pls advise which place near Phoenix and Rio Salado :devil: is good to live at...thinking about good hospitals and nursing homes to work at as well (going back to the Medical field)

thanks

Finally August! Good to see you've come to your senses. :cheers:

I live in Gilbert but my son was born at a hospital in Scottsdale (about 30 minutes from me) and we loved the facilities up there. I really don't know much about the medical facilities in the area though. I do know the housing market has dipped so now is a good time to buy here.

AUGUST,

Why don't you just move to NJ?

we have plenty of hospitals, you can pretty much do anything you want.

granted the weather is not as good as AZ but you can shoot just about every weekend, sometimes twice.

think about it.

Ron

Ron,

NY/NJ is great i like the Ranges and People who shoot there as well..cost of living is just way too high over here for Po' folks like us..houses are just too darn expensive...plus snow is such a hassle...our weekend match is cancelled because of the last snow storm....plus AZ is shooters paradise :cheers:

Edited by ogiebb

thanks

Finally August! Good to see you've come to your senses. :cheers:

I live in Gilbert but my son was born at a hospital in Scottsdale (about 30 minutes from me) and we loved the facilities up there. I really don't know much about the medical facilities in the area though. I do know the housing market has dipped so now is a good time to buy here.

Jason,

found a good a developer in Gilbert... we were actually looking at that area

Edited by ogiebb

thanks

Make sure you get a house with a spare room for when I come out to visit. :P

thanks

Make sure you get a house with a spare room for when I come out to visit. :P

The spare room should be equiped with an XL650 and a mini-bar! :cheers: