Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XD mods For USPSA?

Ridgerunnr

When practicing shooting I am noticing my second shot on target is off..When transitioning target to target I am all A'son first round..my second shot is an A or usually C...I am thinking recoil is gettin the best of me. What mods can I install to ease recoil ? I dont reload pistol ammo yet so minimizing loads is not poss yet. What guide rod or spring combo or other ideas for XD9 tactical production division?

Make no changes to the gun other than maybe a set of Dawson sights sometime in the future, but they are not necessary.

Front sight focus, press trigger smoothly to the rear - straight to the rear. Repeat.

Practice..... - it's not the recoil.

I do realize a better sight picture will also help. However the recoil loss will also help me get the sights back on target faster. I would rather get the guide rod/spring combo and tie it all together at the same time. I was practicing with my.22 and can really drill em where i want them due to lack of recoil allowing me to get the sights on target faster. I was thinking that if I can get recoil minimized it will help..while I realize it is NOT a fix all item but just one thing I can do to enhance the other if that makes sense.

I know some who have tried different guide rod/spring combinations. I have tried several. It really comes down to practice. There is some ammo that is hotter than others, much more recoil. I use Federal's American Eagle myself.