Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is There Such a Thing as an Open Pistol ...

rgkeller

Who has tested their splits just banging at the berm absolutely as fast as possible against shooting a called pair of shots at 15 yards? I have, but I will wait a bit and see if anyone else has.

<raises hand> .... ;) You might find it interesting to know that my called/aimed pairs at 15 pretty much match my splits when I'm running a timing drill. On just two shots up close and personal, I can shoot aimed/called pairs of shots more quickly... My timing drill and 15 yard splits tend to hover in the .15-.18 range, while I routinely go for .11-.13 on close targets (again, aimed/called pairs).

EXACTLY the answer I expected from someone that can really shoot and call shots. It doesn't surprise me even the tiniest little bit.

I have found the EXACT same thing, only my splits are .20-.22 from contact distance all the way out to 15-18 yards, that is simply as fast as I can go with the skill set and muscle memory that I currently have......

So, evidently the answer is "no."

The answer to you question is written in a language that you will have to learn. = it is not a spoken word

Some can will never understand the language

NO.. the answer to you question is YES plenty of the good guys make a gun that will do that The Gun Benny built for me does have a sight picture you descried = I do not pull the trigger at a speed that takes full advantage of the gun.

The gun is back on the target and my eyes are calling for the next shot = just my finger is not as fast as my eyes.

The English version of the answer is in Math. Math will not lie or be confused in translation.

The Bullet move at a speed of X the gun makes a full cycle and is ready to fire again at Y

25 yards represents 75 feet divided by the bullet speed factored in the cycle time of the slide and

Factor in the duration / normal duration the human eye can perceive. = the gun is faster than the normal eye speed, -No mater- how fast your trigger finger can be.

You do not see the frames in a movie tick past , or most do not see that a florescent light is plussing on and off with the Alternating current of the power supply.

??? try this =Just open your fingers and wave in front of your computer screen. = bet you did not know you start and stop your hand so many times?

AS,

So you shoot 2A splits at 25 yards in the same time you shoot them at five yards.

Nice

Its like trying to describe how you listen to Opera compared to Rock and Role they are both music.

I can tell you the gun moves with the same speed the fact that -I!- want to see more after the gun is back on target is not a fault of the gun.

I am not the one to ask that question of becuse I very close to the same speed at 25 as I am at 5, the fact is , I am not to fast at 5 yards A good spit for me at 5 is .19 a good spit at 25yards is .22

After thinking about the question I have about 10 different answers, but then I asked myself "Why". You said that by aiming once and shooting two shots would allow you the extra time you saved to aquire the next target. Man we are really splitting hairs here. All of us open shooters have shot the second shot of a pair and did not see the dot. How many times have you had a miss and said "I know I saw the dot". Problems is the brain is faster than the finger. Thats why we always stress follow through and calling our shots. I bet I can set a target out at 10, 20, 30, even 40 yards and get two alphas but linning up the sights and then closing my eyes. But again I ask WHY? Not seeing is not knowing.

All these posts in just 1 day, and this thread has nothing to do with flying squirrels, SV ads in Front Sight, or when the 2009 Nationals dates will be announced ??? :huh:

:P:lol::ph34r:

That is funny = should be moved to the humor forum for having a shooting question.

Paul he asked the question closer to was about the requiring a second sight picture. = some times I see one (long two) shot sight picture with out an interruption (translation ) problem I do not have the control of the English language to describe what I see= its like you make two check marks in a box with out lifting the pencil =take a pencil and try it, = it can be don. But the pencil will lift at some point

But I think the answer to his question is lots of guns will do it =the limitation is the shooter's perception.

But I am most like- ly just a bit crazy

Edited by AlamoShooter

Hummmm.....now if we REALLY wanted to think outside the box....what if we went class 3 and had a 2 shot burst?

Bumped the RPM up to say 3000......gun wouldn't even rise before the second bullet left the barrel....

:-)

AoD

Who has tested their splits just banging at the berm absolutely as fast as possible against shooting a called pair of shots at 15 yards? I have, but I will wait a bit and see if anyone else has.

.11-.14 all day into the berm

15 yards best in practice is .14-.17 Matches are probably .15-.23 but I really don't know or care. That doesn't win matches

PS all A's that's all that counts

Edited by BSeevers