Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tip for LNL users - making old/short TC dies work

HHjr

I took possesion of a barely used Hornady LNL. I have been loading on a old Projector for a LONG time and have lots of die/taper crimp dies of RCBS, Lee and Redding.

While setting up for 9mm my Lee TC die was too short to touch a case rim with the lock ring on. I removed the ring, applied four revolutions of white plumbers joint tape and set the die up to properly burnish the case mouth. I marked a reference line on the die body and die bushing to monitor any movement. After about 500 rounds the die is still holding my original setting. Happy for now.

Harold H.

Edited by HHjr

I took possesion of a barely used Hornady LNL. I have been loading on a old Projector for a LONG time and have lots of die/taper crimp dies of RCBS, Lee and Redding.

While setting up for 9mm my Lee TC die was too short to touch a case rim with the lock ring on. I removed the ring, applied four revolutions of white plumbers joint tape and set the die up to properly burnish the case mouth. I marked a reference line on the die body and die bushing to monitor any movement. After about 500 rounds the die is still holding my original setting. Happy for now.

Harold H.

Have you tried putting the lock ring on the bottom?

• 1 year later...