Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shot my Smith 19 just for fun nlast night.

vrmn1

In our little weekly fun match I used my 4" Smith 19 and cut down Comp III's

I did real well with it except for when I forgot to go strong hand only after a reload. :blush:

But I NAILED the reload and burned it down. 6 procedurals not withstanding.

The main thing was that was FUN. Moon clips would have been better but even with the speed loaders I did well.

On a field stage with 3 reloads I had a couple that one round seemed to want to hang in the loader and have to be pushed in by hand.

I have tossed around the idea of moon clipping it for some time. I have the 4" gun and a 6" gun on the way, I may moon clip both of them.

In our little weekly fun match I used my 4" Smith 19 and cut down Comp III's

I did real well with it except for when I forgot to go strong hand only after a reload. :blush:

But I NAILED the reload and burned it down. 6 procedurals not withstanding.

The main thing was that was FUN. Moon clips would have been better but even with the speed loaders I did well.

On a field stage with 3 reloads I had a couple that one round seemed to want to hang in the loader and have to be pushed in by hand.

I have tossed around the idea of moon clipping it for some time. I have the 4" gun and a 6" gun on the way, I may moon clip both of them.

I find with my 19's, the cylinder gets dirty and I'll start to get the same situation. It takes many rounds through it in one session for it to happen. A quick pass of a brush through the holes cleans it up quick. I blame it on the Unique.

But fun, aint it fun! Gonna do a full IDPA Qualifier at the end of the month with my 2.5".