Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tricked out 10/22

mshotwell

My brother and I just finshed up a couple,

The blue one is his.

Blue Evolution stock, 16.5 Tac Sol barrel.

3lb do it yourself trigger job.

The second is mine.

Cayenne colored Yukon stock, 16.5 Tac Sol barrel

2 3/4 trigger pull.

We shoot a game called minipin at the local indoor range. 5 1 1/4 disc at 30ft. 3 strings add together.

Also shoot clay pigeon with pistols. 22lr only.

100_2473.jpg

100_2471.jpg

100_2478.jpg

100_2475.jpg

LET SEE YOURS

Pretty, but do they shoot...

Mine is a standard receiver now threaded to screw onto the bbl instead of push and pin, Kreiger bbl, 20", .800 at the muz, 11degree crown, cut with a 52B chamber, Volquartsen trigger group, 3.5x10 Leup in a Lee Six stock...windless day, with Ely Gold, shoot 10 into .35 @ 50 Yds. My squirrel getter....

Rifle.jpg

Ruger 10/22 for bench rest or Sportsman's Team Challenge type events. I had right around $1500 invested in this gun and it shows on paper, it will easily shoot under an inch at 100 yards with the right ammo and more often than not those groups are between 0.550 and 0.750 inches at 100 yards (Federal Gold Medal 900B or Eley Trainer). Bell and Carlson Odyssey Kevlar and carbon fiber, fully adjustable stock. Adams and Bennett blue fluted barrel with Wheeler comp, they only made this version for a year or so if I recall. Simmons White Tail Classic 6.5-20x50MM with adjustable objective. Has Stoney Point Target Knobs installed. Volquartsen Exact Edge Extractor Harris bipod with custom mount for this stock and Tank Speed Knob. Reciever drilled with cleaning hole. Trigger group is a set trigger (but can be returned to auto resetting trigger at about a pound) with a clean breaking 8 ounce trigger with no take up. Trigger group includes: Volquartsen Ultra Match Hammer and Sear Volquartsen Match disconnector Volquartsen Trigger. Complete polishing of the internals so it will run smoothly on even the slowest subsonic ammo on the market (does not include .22 Short or CBs). Auto bolt release. Extended Magazine release. In all, there is about 40 to 45 hours of labor in this project to get the trigger where it is and totally reliable as well as all of the fitting required for the parts.

I no longer have this rifle but it was my first build and favorite of all time. Since I didn't have time or a range to shoot out to 100 yards I didn't see a need to keep it. :(

Joe W.

PS I also have a 10/22 that I use for bowling pin shooting, still need to get a good photo of it to post.

Pretty, but do they shoot...

Mine is a standard receiver now threaded to screw onto the bbl instead of push and pin, Kreiger bbl, 20", .800 at the muz, 11degree crown, cut with a 52B chamber, Volquartsen trigger group, 3.5x10 Leup in a Lee Six stock...windless day, with Ely Gold, shoot 10 into .35 @ 50 Yds. My squirrel getter....

I've shot the red gun with a v16 weaver. Everytime it gets warm enough to shoot its snows 6 to 10in. The last time we had 2in of rain first. It just sucks.

I shot the red gun off a sandbag, off the hood of my truck, off a gravel road. To set the target I hade to walk over about 4ft of snow.I was shooting more for function than accuracy. At 25 yards I shot the staple out of the target, and destroyed a pop can. It will be awhile before I can really do some testing. I doublt they shoot as good as your. I've seen 2 and 3in groups shot at 1000yds with Krieger barrels.

Thanks for looking.