Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

once fired 10 mm brass

gunner40sw

If once fired 10mm brass comes from being shot in a mp5 is it any good for reloading?

I'd be curious to know if anyone has tried this as well. It's all going to be Federal cases (marked FC if I recall) as that's who has the Bu's contract for both ball and JHP, which worries me since so many people have had issues with FC .40 cases. Also, it looks pretty worked from the flutes so I haven't tried loading any of it for my 610. Fun fact is that both ball and JHP are 190gr bullets now, which is sort of an odd weight.

If once fired 10mm brass comes from being shot in a mp5 is it any good for reloading?

No. It won't work. You can't reload it. Send it all to me for safe disposal.

Damn, I wish I had to know the answer to this question. Darned near all the 10mm brass I have was purchased new. The stuff is so hard to get around here that I almost never shoot m 10mm any more.

Lee

About 1% of the brass cracks the first time it is resized but that is not outrageous.

Once the brass survives the first firing, it is usually good until it is lost.

If you have more that you want to sell, drop me a note!

Leo

I have picked up quite a bit of 10mmm brass that has been fired by the local FBI office at our local range. It is all FC from the 190 gr. load the G-Man talked about.

It is grubby from the fluted chamber (I have an HK 91 so I know about this) but it cleans up good and has been fine to shoot. There were a few cases that had split along the flute lines but I have never had any of the others split at a later time. So once you cull out hte possible split brass you shoudl be good to go.

I have a habit of using one specific lot/headstamp of brass in my revolvers that use auto brass. In this case I decided to keep the FC 10mm brass just for shooting in my 610 revolver. I took all the brass and pushed it all the way through (full length size) a Lee FCD die with the crimping sleeve and stem removed.

I have shot some in my autos and haven't seen any of the problems associated with the .40 brass.

Neal in AZ

I was excited when an FBI agent came in to shoot his Mp5 10mm because I was gonna hog the brass. But almost every single case has a gigantic dig in the side of it from the ejeector. There was a lot of it, and I left it all on the floor.

~Mitch