Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jake Di Vita's Signature

Duane Thomas

"Any sufficiently advanced skill level is indistinguishable from magic."

I love it!

I personally like yours:

"It's not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters."

- Paul "Bear" Bryant

As a former professional, the BEAR was totally on the mark!!!

"Any sufficiently advanced skill level is indistinguishable from magic."

I love it!

I personally like yours:

"It's not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters."

- Paul "Bear" Bryant

As a former professional, the BEAR was totally on the mark!!!

I believe everyone wants to win. I've always contended that winning was a matter of choice. In Duane's signature that choice is work harder. For others it's a function of choosing to believe they belong there, or choosing to ignore external factors. Regardless, my favorite book title is Rick Patino's - Winning is Choice.

I like that. Always have. It's why I believe Tiger Woods will wipe all the records like Jack did before him. Not because they were necessarily better, but because they choose to win. Through work ethic, through perserverance, through will, through whatever stands in their way. They made one choice - win. They didn't just want it. They chose it.

J

Edited by j1b

I like that. Always have. It's why I believe Tiger Woods will wipe all the records like Jack did before him. Not because they were necessarily better, but because they choose to win. Through work ethic, through perserverance, through will, through whatever stands in their way. They made one choice - win. They didn't just want it. They chose it.

Yep.

Golfer, for 15 years

Wow, I'm impressed. Golf is probably the ultimate mental game. In Robbie's GunGames interview, he says that of all the sports he's ever tried, golf reminds him the most of IPSC in its mental game.

It's also a sport that's incredibly hard on your body, or so I've been told by those who've done it over the long term. Some might poo-poo that, they have this image of golf as one step up from being a couch potato. They don't know what they're talking about. Hitting a golf ball hard enough to drive it 250-300 yards is an intense, sudden, ballistic motion that strains backs, rips muscles, etc., and over the long term takes a real toll on the human body.

Yep.

Today was the prime example.

3 down, 5 to play against JB Holmes. Tiger says "I don't think I want to lose today"

Guess who won . . .

J

Yep.

Today was the prime example.

3 down, 5 to play against JB Holmes. Tiger says "I don't think I want to lose today"

Guess who won . . .

J

Dito!!!! B)

Golfer, for 15 years

Wow, I'm impressed. Golf is probably the ultimate mental game. In Robbie's GunGames interview, he says that of all the sports he's ever tried, golf reminds him the most of IPSC in its mental game.

It's also a sport that's incredibly hard on your body, or so I've been told by those who've done it over the long term. Some might poo-poo that, they have this image of golf as one step up from being a couch potato. They don't know what they're talking about. Hitting a golf ball hard enough to drive it 250-300 yards is an intense, sudden, ballistic motion that strains backs, rips muscles, etc., and over the long term takes a real toll on the human body.

i think zhunter ment to say gofer. zhunter is almost 50 years old and his spelling is questionable. ;) i like my signature, but is not as thought provoking.

lynn

I believe everyone wants to win. I've always contended that winning was a matter of choice. In Duane's signature that choice is work harder. For others it's a function of choosing to believe they belong there, or choosing to ignore external factors. Regardless, my favorite book title is Rick Patino's - Winning is Choice.

J

Jack,

That's one of the coolest posts I've seen in a long time.

J

Jack,

That's one of the coolest posts I've seen in a long time.

Thanks B.J. - much appreciated!

J