Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Holster for a New 610 in 6.5" ... ?

AultGM

Just bought a new 610 in 6.5" and will need a Holster for ICORE & USPSA ... I currently have a Blade-Tech for my 627 8-Shot .38 Super, but it would need to be modified to fit the longer barrel ... Should I just go ahead and do that or buy another Holster ... ?

Also ordered 30 RIMZ Moonclips from Brownell's, since several of you recommended them ... How about a Moonclip Holder for the 610 ... ? Should I go with a North Mountain 4-5 Row or something else ... ?

Just bought a new 610 in 6.5" and will need a Holster for ICORE & USPSA ... I currently have a Blade-Tech for my 627 8-Shot .38 Super, but it would need to be modified to fit the longer barrel ... Should I just go ahead and do that or buy another Holster ... ?

Also ordered 30 RIMZ Moonclips from Brownell's, since several of you recommended them ... How about a Moonclip Holder for the 610 ... ? Should I go with a North Mountain 4-5 Row or something else ... ?

I use the Xtreme speed holster (Frank Garcia, Universal Shooting Academy), it fits all the S&Wevolvers regardless of barrel length. For moonclips the best and least expensive are the blued stell moonclips from Rancg Products, ca. $75 per 100. The Ranch Products website only provides a phone number which you must call to order. They are great people to deal with.

I use a blade tech and love it but I mostly shoot 5 inch guns. When I do shoot my 6.5 610, I just let the bbl hang out the end. If you want one holster for all the guns, I would use a Xtreme speed holster stated previously ( I think the speed sec works the same way). It locks on the trigger guard so the bbl length is irrelevant.

+1 on the ranch products for the cheap moon. They are great to deal with. If you want good competition moons, send Dave Hearth a message here on the forum (DHearth). He will send you a sample to try. He is not cheap but for competition, they are the best.

If you get a North Mountain Moon Clip Holder, you can use it for your 8 shot super and your 610. It does a good job and you will not need to modify your moon clips. I do not know about the Rimz though, nobody but Vince shoots them and who wants to do anything Vince does.

Cliff

ps. I think a ghost holster might work too.

I use a blade tech and love it but I mostly shoot 5 inch guns. When I do shoot my 6.5 610, I just let the bbl hang out the end. If you want one holster for all the guns, I would use a Xtreme speed holster stated previously ( I think the speed sec works the same way). It locks on the trigger guard so the bbl length is irrelevant.

+1 on the ranch products for the cheap moon. They are great to deal with. If you want good competition moons, send Dave Hearth a message here on the forum (DHearth). He will send you a sample to try. He is not cheap but for competition, they are the best.

If you get a North Mountain Moon Clip Holder, you can use it for your 8 shot super and your 610. It does a good job and you will not need to modify your moon clips. I do not know about the Rimz though, nobody but Vince shoots them and who wants to do anything Vince does.

Cliff

I have to disagree with you on one thing Cliff.

Ranch products makes great moon clips but they are about a pain to deal with.

Their website is a waste of bandwidth.

If they were easier to deal with they could sell more stuff.

I have used the RIMZ with my 610 and I like them ok.

As soon a I get the 45 moon clips I ordered from Ranch over 2 weeks ago I MAY order some 610 clips from them. Then again i may just stick with the RIMZ.

Edited by vrmn1

I have to disagree with you on one thing Cliff.

Ranch products makes great moon clips but they are about a pain to deal with.

Their website is a waste of bandwidth.

If they were easier to deal with they could sell more stuff.

I have used the RIMZ with my 610 and I like them ok.

As soon a I get the 45 moon clips I ordered from Ranch over 2 weeks ago I MAY order some 610 clips from them. Then again i may just stick with the RIMZ.

My dealings with the folks at Ranch have always been pleasant, their service excellent, and their shipping prompt. Definitely two thumbs up. Tom

The person I spoke to was nice but dang they need to do something to make it easier to order from them.

I tried several times to email them but never got a response. I called one number from their useless website, but it directed me to another number.

They have 2 addresses listed on their website so which one do you send an order too?

I may have sent the order to the wrong address maybe thats why I still have not got my order but how the hell am I to know?

Cliff , I too like the bladetech DOH for my 6.5 25-2, but I thought you were running a one off custom made Blade Tech. Best I recall it was spaced away from the body a good bit , with an open front. Will these be made available for us mere mortals? :bow:

Cliff

The person I spoke to was nice but dang they need to do something to make it easier to order from them.

I tried several times to email them but never got a response. I called one number from their useless website, but it directed me to another number.

They have 2 addresses listed on their website so which one do you send an order too?

I may have sent the order to the wrong address maybe thats why I still have not got my order but how the hell am I to know?

Certainly makes it clear where the problem lies.

As for a holster, I love my CR Speed. Adjusting it to go from my 5" 625 to my 6.5" 610 is easy enough but I wish I had a couple so I wouldn't have to adjust it.

Cliffs Blade Tech is nice and works well with anything. It is a non catalog item. It is very close to the Safariland which is not a bad holster itself.

If I am not mistaken the Xtreme/Speed Sec are the same holster, they will work with anything but a bit harry once unlocked.

Edited by vrmn1

Certainly makes it clear where the problem lies.

Yeah, their worthless website.

Cliffs Blade Tech is nice and works well with anything. It is a non catalog item.

I'm pretty sure I heard that Blade-Tech is not taking any more special orders. If that's the case, the Blade-Tech will not be an option from here on. Personally, I think it's a goofy looking rig, but it would probably look fine on somebody other than Cliff.

Cliffs Blade Tech is nice and works well with anything. It is a non catalog item.

I'm pretty sure I heard that Blade-Tech is not taking any more special orders. If that's the case, the Blade-Tech will not be an option from here on. Personally, I think it's a goofy looking rig, but it would probably look fine on somebody other than Cliff.

It does make my butt look big.....

With the RIMZ moons you may be limited to moon holders as most of the holders I've seen are for 38-8 shot or 45's only. The hole in the RIMZ is usually too narrow to fit anything other than the plastic double moon holders or the ones like TK custom makes. For the 6.5" 610 I still like the Safariland 002 cup holster with slight mods.

With the RIMZ moons you may be limited to moon holders as most of the holders I've seen are for 38-8 shot or 45's only. The hole in the RIMZ is usually too narrow to fit anything other than the plastic double moon holders or the ones like TK custom makes.

My North Mountain works with my ranch products and Hearthco 610 clips. That is the beauty of the thing, it works with all my N frame guns.

Ranch Products is a small family run operation. I believe they live in Michigan but have their operations in Ohio therefore two phone numbers. They are a first class operation and a pleasure to deal with. Instead of spending 4 on an expensive website they furnish a great product at a very reasonable price.

Tony