Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extended mag release now gone

mscott

I doubt I need to elaborate too much, but I think I have gotten my grip figured out and it doesn't work with the THE extended mag release on my Glock. This did, of course, wait to show up in the first match of the year. Dropping mags while shooting is not good. I'll stick to the stock extended release and see what happens.

You might have different sized hands, but I never had any problems with my THE when I shot a Glock. I have large hands, maybe medium or small hands need to grip the gun too tightly, and the mag release gets in the way.

So what did you replace it with ?

So what did you replace it with ?

I put the stock release back in. There's a thread about the left hand breaking off in recoil which describes a problem I've been fighting. It seems that I now have my hand cammed foreward enough to just catch the extended paddle.

I doubt I need to elaborate too much, but I think I have gotten my grip figured out and it doesn't work with the THE extended mag release on my Glock. This did, of course, wait to show up in the first match of the year. Dropping mags while shooting is not good. I'll stick to the stock extended release and see what happens.

I guess thats worse then your front sight falling off!

On the bright side thou, I have just shot my first single stack match because of it.

Nice shooting with you Mike,

41mag

This may or may not apply but with the 1911 extended and oversized buttons I have found using an extra power spring provided just enough extra hold to eliminate the accidental mag drop. I had two for my Para one had the oversized button and the other was normal size and just extended, When I switched to just the extended it actually had a light spring in it and the same thing hapenned to me bang bang mag falls out. The new extra power spring cured it.

I guess thats worse then your front sight falling off!

On the bright side thou, I have just shot my first single stack match because of it.

Nice shooting with you Mike,

41mag

That lost front sight was a good reminder for us to carry a few spare parts here and there. If I would have had my parts box I would have changed out the mag release at the match.