Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Tactical Sport

buddy_fuentes

I bought a CZ Tactical Sport a couple weeks ago to shoot steel matches. I have found that, even with my big hands, I miss the thumb safety. It is too small and too far away from the thumb as opposed to the 1911's that I'm use to.

At the SHOT Show I saw a big nice safety at the CZ booth and was told that it is only a prototype and not in production. Someone suggested I look at a Tanfoglio or EAA. Do they have a safety lever that will fit the CZ and if so, where can I buy one?

Thanks, Buddy

Angus got a new CNC into his shop..so he was hoping he could get on the new safeties..think he said he has some problems with the other route he was trying to go on them..

not sure if the EAA part will work..think it uses a different retaining system..but I am not sure about that..

might try calling George Smith..he is welding up a 75b safety for me to extend it a bit..he might be able to do something on the TS safety..

I'm afraid you probably won't be able to weld on something to the existing safety. I was talking about this with Eric over at Angus's shop and he said the safety's metal was not good enough quality. I did fondle the prototype extended safety and it is sweet.

Another option if you own a dremel and are brave/dumb enough to use it on your pistols, is to relieve the area under the beavertail. I did this with mine and it made reaching the safety a non-issue. Your results may vary.