Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where's the best place to live.....

BlackBuzzard

Sort of an off the wall question, but, what area(s) have the greatest concentration of USPSA pistol and multigun matches (lets include idpa too)?

Factors like climate (as in acceptably warm yr round), plenty of open space for ranges, gun friendly State Gov, and strong active clubs are of course important.

Few can be this single-minded about where they live, but if you could, where would it be?

BB

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to have to put another vote in for my home club......Rio Solado in Mesa. There are several other clubs in the area also. At least 3 or 4 within a very reasonable driving distance.

Edited by jasmap

Dude, USPSA Graceland... Mesa/Phoenix, AZ.

What he said.... :cheers:

Do you have alot of matches in mid-summer during the 100+ days?

Yep. At Rio alone we have 5 USPSA matches a month, Tues. Night Steel, and several other disciplines and maches. We simply move the start time to 7am for the USPSA morning matches. We use open squadding at Rio and it works great here. You don't have top start at 7am if you don't want to. It's usually very nice in the mornings. I can usually start at 7am and be home eating blueberry pancakes by 9:30am or 10:00am.

Edited by jasmap

Dude, USPSA Graceland... Mesa/Phoenix, AZ.

What he said.... :cheers:

Do you have alot of matches in mid-summer during the 100+ days?

Yep. At Rio alone we have 5 USPSA matches a month, Tues. Night Steel, and several other disciplines and maches. We simply move the start time to 7am for the USPSA morning matches. We use open squadding at Rio and it works great here. You don't have top start at 7am if you don't want to. It's usually very nice in the mornings. I can usually start at 7am and be home eating blueberry pancakes by 9:30am or 10:00am.

Thanks! Good to know since that area is topping my list of retirement destinations

Moved to Phoenix/Scottsdale/Rio Salado two months ago. Yeah, this is shooting heaven. Tons of matches, plus you get to shoot routinely with TGO, Angus, Nils, and on and on.

You get to shoot with Jason too!!!

And I'm always good for a laugh.

Jim M

You get to shoot with Jason too!!!

And I'm always good for a laugh.

Jim M

You know, the only hard thing is meeting folks (sorta). I've been showing up at different times for Tuesday Night Steel and with 130 plus shooters starting at 4pm I'm always getting to say hi to somebody new. Uniformly friendly, just different folks every time. :)

You're good for a laugh?? You obviously haven't been tracking my results. Ha!!

View THE MAP and your future home will be clear. Here's our SCHEDULE for the Dallas to San Antonio corridor

+1. Actually there are a number of places with plenty of shooting. You can further break it down like I did and just move to the area with the best Mexican food ... and shooting....Corpus Christi TX.!!! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

I put in my vote for socal. I shoot 5 outdoor matches every month. Over the past year we have been so lucky with the weather--not one missed match because of rain. I don't have to be at the range at sunrise to beat the heat in the summer.

I put in my vote for socal. I shoot 5 outdoor matches every month. Over the past year we have been so lucky with the weather--not one missed match because of rain. I don't have to be at the range at sunrise to beat the heat in the summer.

I'm not bashing your state or anything, but aren't you a bit restricted when it come to buying stuff to compete in 3gun, or even in limited for that matter.

View THE MAP and your future home will be clear. Here's our SCHEDULE for the Dallas to San Antonio corridor

+1. Actually there are a number of places with plenty of shooting. You can further break it down like I did and just move to the area with the best Mexican food ... and shooting....Corpus Christi TX.!!! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Best Mexican food, Corpus?!?!?!!?!?

Them's fightin' words. :P