Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

need adive on front sight only

dunne2519

hey, i am new to uspsa / ipsc shooting and need help going to a fiber optic front sight. i would like to keep my g34 rear and get a front only, the problem i am having is finding one that is the same height as a stock front sight. any info would be great

thanks again

rick

hey, i am new to uspsa / ipsc shooting and need help going to a fiber optic front sight. i would like to keep my g34 rear and get a front only, the problem i am having is finding one that is the same height as a stock front sight. any info would be great

thanks again

rick

Dawson Precision shows with factory rear their front sight is .155high with a .125 thick blade. Thats a ramped serrated FO, p/n 019-001, at $39.00.

thanks again

rick

Ditch the front AND the rear. You will be happier for it in the long run. What did the "pump-you-up" guys on SNL say, "hear me now, and listen to me later..."

thanks again

rick

Ditch the front AND the rear. You will be happier for it in the long run. What did the "pump-you-up" guys on SNL say, "hear me now, and listen to me later..."

i have considered but am pretty comfy with the glock rear like the "U" sight in the rear plus the 34 is adjustable. i am not used to shooting in good lighting, mostly indoor and find it hard to focus on the front sight. shot my buds 1911 with FO sight and found it easier to focus but i am open to anything that works, fire some options at me

Ahh .............. the difficult choice of sights.

I spent about one week with stock sights on the G34. Then I went to the biggest honken HiViz fiber I could get on the front. After a while I felt that HiViz fiber was too blinding bright, so I downsized to a dawson mild mannered fiber.

Several years later, I concluded that the basic square, black, bold, front sight is best for me.......Sevigny's.

It helps me if I look for the details in serations of the front sight on those difficult shots......fiber makes this a bit more difficult.

Its sort of a personal journey everyone makes.

BB

The $20 or so Hi-Viz that just about everybody carries works fine. Had one on a 35 for a while.

Eventually found out that I shot better with black sights, and switched to Sevigny's.

i dont know the black sights throw off everything i have been taught but i have thought about them as well, alot of guys like them