Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do you make a G35 with a T.H.E. brass magwell fit in the IPSC box?

dagz

How do you make a G35 with a T.H.E. brass magwell fit in the IPSC box?

I fitted one in my G35 which I also fitted with Sevigny Competition front and rear sights. I'm also using +3 Arredondo basepads.

My query: do i need to shave off some of the brass near the rear? Has anyone made similar mods?

Thank you and safe shooting!

Edited by dagz

Got a belt sander? That's a poor mans lathe. I've done several STI magwells and 1 Taylor magwell to fit the IDPA box (same dimension) and it works great.

Yes you will need to shave off a bit from the back and the front.

Edited by Precision40

Obviously he is shooting in Standard Division. The best way is to measure and remove some of the material in the magwell little by little. Just like what "atmar" said. But, make sure you got the right dimension of the IPSC box.

Good luck!

Obviously he is shooting in Standard Division. The best way is to measure and remove some of the material in the magwell little by little. Just like what "atmar" said. But, make sure you got the right dimension of the IPSC box.

Good luck!

Yes, I suspect he is overseas and shooting IPSC Standard Division, but if I had a $20 for every new shooter that read the IPSC part of the green book and didn't catch on to the USPSA portion, I would have another Glock that didn't fit in the box. ;)

Shoot USPSA :)

It still won't fit the IPSC box if you shoot USPSA with it ;)

A friend of mine had a G35 with a T.H.E. Magwell. His solution was to file/grind off some material of the back of the magwell. The part where the bolt goes in the frame through the lanyard hole.

If you can find someone who can do it, it might help to make the barrel flush with the slide up front :)

Good luck!