Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extended Tungsten guide rod

jbullgpd

I am looking for the extended tungsten guide rod that goes all the way to the end on the G35. I have only found it on custom-glock.com but they are and have been on backorder. Anyone know anywhere else to get them? I have found plenty of the standard length ones but none of the extended length. Please help. Thanks.

I bought one of the THE rods from Topglock 5 months ago or so. Definitely not impressed. First off, it is not tungsten. It also wears down in one spot from the spring until a certain diameter and then the spring no longer chews it away. Just my 2 cents but I would save your money.

I bought one of the THE rods from Topglock 5 months ago or so. Definitely not impressed. First off, it is not tungsten. It also wears down in one spot from the spring until a certain diameter and then the spring no longer chews it away. Just my 2 cents but I would save your money.

They make a stainless steel one as well, thats prob what you got by accident

Bought one a couple of months ago from topglock.com, they had THE tungsten extended rods.

They dont have it now, at least for the 35, 34, etc....... extended version, they have the standard....

http://www.topglock.com/catalog/recoil.htm

This one....wierd the way the word it but it is the longer guide rod

42286 Non Captive guide rod for models 17L-24-34-35 (extended in 17,22,31)

Duke ,THE tungsten guide rods are tungsten. I and all the guys I know have them in our unlimited glocks,and YES they do wear to a certain point ,and thats it. Mine has been in my G34 for 6 years now,It wore in the spot you are talking about ,I polished it and no more wear,( I polished it to see if it did wear any more) IT DIDNT !!!

Oh by the way, My G34 has 20k plus rounds through it with THE tungsten rod.

Jeff

Edited by ghost21

No offense ghost21 but they are not tungsten. Or I should say they are not only tungsten. Their density matches no common single metal. The density is a significant fraction less than it should be for tungsten. You can come to the same conclusion if you merely calculate the density of the THE guiderods. We (my engineer / physicist geek shooting friends and myself) were going to sacrifice one and dissolve some of it to run through an ICP but we decided we did not care to know exactly what elements were included. I am curious to know how you determined that they are tungsten?

No offense ghost21 but they are not tungsten. Or I should say they are not only tungsten. Their density matches no common single metal. The density is a significant fraction less than it should be for tungsten. You can come to the same conclusion if you merely calculate the density of the THE guiderods. We (my engineer / physicist geek shooting friends and myself) were going to sacrifice one and dissolve some of it to run through an ICP but we decided we did not care to know exactly what elements were included. I am curious to know how you determined that they are tungsten?

Hey didnt mean any offense, Im not an engineer myself,Im just going on what an engineer/machinist freind of mine told me (and he works with these metals a lot),If the guide rod you have has worn more than just a slight spot,you my have gotten a stainless steel by mistake. Mine has the spot and has gotten no bigger in 6 years.

Jeff

Edited by ghost21