Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I just got a new laptop and it came with Vista. I went to the BlackViper website and followed his advice to make it a little bit more tolerable. I have one last complaint. I can't seem to get my pictures in my Pictures folder, or any folder for that matter, to show up as thumbnails like XP did. Please help. Searching through 1000 pictures to find one of them is annoying.

Joe

I can do that, but in XP when they came up as large icons, there were thumbnail images of the pictures. All I'm getting now is icon letting me know it is a Windows Fax and Picture Viewer file. I want to be able to see what picture it is before it opens.

Joe

In Vista JPEGs are opened with Windows Photo Gallery. Right-click on one of the jpeg file and click on properties. In the properties window click on the Change button. Select Windows Photo Gallery as the default program. I hope it's that simple.

Just one of the reasons I just stick to Open Source, it works and keeps on working. Maybe that is just a reflection of the type of person I am. I always swim upstream. Everyone thinks I am negative, I just live in my own world were everyone knows and worships me. Vista is not allowed in my world.

In Vista JPEGs are opened with Windows Photo Gallery. Right-click on one of the jpeg file and click on properties. In the properties window click on the Change button. Select Windows Photo Gallery as the default program. I hope it's that simple.

Thanks for the tip 007! I can now just open in Lightroom.

:cheers: