Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hackathorn Advanced Pistol & Carbine Class - Idaho

Tim Egan

South East Idaho Practical Shooters presents Ken Hackathorn's

"Mastering the Handgun: Advanced Tactical Handgun & Tactical Carbine"

June 20 - 22, 2008 at Idaho Falls, Idaho.

To meet the needs of advanced-level shooters, Ken Hackathorn will be offering his three day Advanced Tactical Handgun and Carbine class in Idaho Falls at the SEIPS Range on June 20, 21 & 22. Ken will be offering his unconventional and successful training methods. Ken is one of the U. S.’ recognized leaders in firearms and tactics instruction. Ken has worked extensively for U.S. Defense Department. Additionally, he has worked for other agencies as well as foreign military and governmental agencies.

Hackathorn believes it is crucial to be able to use the defensive handgun and tactical carbine accurately while moving, from behind cover, twisting to the right or left and in other disadvantageous conditions. Students learn to perform good marksmanship while faced with a variety of challenges, the likes of which are rarely seen in formal training courses for either law enforcement or private citizens. Beyond moving and shooting, other topics, defense against a threat from behind, close-quarter defense and withdrawal while shooting, Hackathorn's own take on "point-shooting," low light handgun and carbine skills taught during a night-shoot, immediate action drills, and numerous pointers for self-coaching in practice after the class.

Note: this is not a new or beginners' level training program. Students should already have an acceptable level of gun handling and marksmanship skills.

Please see our website for further information at:

www.seips.org

You may also call Clem Potelunas for more information at 208-523-9830

Posted 2-11-08 TimE

Ken Hackathorn is the real deal. I've been to five of his classes and learn something new everytime I go. If you're serious about self defense with your firearm or becoming a more competent shooter......Ken's class is for you. I highly recommend Hack's class.

Ken Hackathorn is the real deal. I've been to five of his classes and learn something new everytime I go. If you're serious about self defense with your firearm or becoming a more competent shooter......Ken's class is for you. I highly recommend Hack's class.

I couldn't agree more.

His no BS approach appeals to me.