Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What type of cleats are the best to use?

9mmNick

Don't know about best... Max just found some nice looking Adidas shoes (need to get him to send me a link) that are cleat-ish, but more like a gym shoe. I'm wearing Under Armour's Hammer Mids, personally...

I think what's "best" will probably vary with the range surfaces you normally shoot on. I went with Adidas soccer cleats and am happy with them. They're very comfortable, have plenty of traction, but aren't slippery on wood/stairs etc. They were also pretty inexpensive, which is a plus. R,

I picked up a pair of Nike Landsharks (low cut model) at Academy this afternoon for $27.99. So far they are real comfortable and you can't beat the price.

p.s. This is my first pair of cleats in over 30 37 years. Hope I need them. :)

edited for chronological accuracy! (How sad.)

Edited by Flatland Shooter

My $25 Nike Land Sharks work well for me. However, I have not tried the others yet and may do so once these wear out. That's likely to take several years judging by how well they've held up for the six months I've had them. I generally wear them at least three times a week counting practice.

the land sharks sucks when it gets wet or soaked. the rubber will separate. thus i had mine stitched together. i now use this for practice only (sadly i dont practice much or at all lately so its left in my car trunk)

using adidas triple star and never looked back. they seem to be riveted and stiched together from the factory good luck

I've tried the Adidas Corner Blitz and Nike Land Sharks. I stuck with the Nike since they fit me better.

I have both of these same shoes. Personally I like the Adidas but........I change back to my hiking shoes whenever the stage has a platform, walkway, stairs, etc. FB cleated shoes not good on a hard surface!

• 2 weeks later...

I too wear Nike Land Sharks. At $30 a pair ... I bought 2 pair 2 years ago since they were so cheap. I figured I would get new ones this year, but they dont look that bad, and still have 80% ~ 90% of their tread left. :cheers: Maybe I will wait until next season to get new ones.

UA Hammers are more comfortable for me than Land Sharks but are so breathable they allow any water in to make your feet get wet easily.

Yes ..but is it a ...Comfortable ...Wet?

and Like Criss said the Land Sharks are not so High priced, I thought they could not be so good if they did not cost $100

I paid $30+ and they are two years old. and 400 Hrs

Edited by AlamoShooter