Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SVI trigger in my single stack

Fireant

If there are rub marks you can see, file a little away so that it won't hit anymore. All you can do is try to figure out where it is hitting, either with the trigger itself, or the trigger bow in the frame. Not much else to suggest from my chair here.

I suppose with skinny SVI triggers the trigger shoe & insert are usually the culprit. Too tall and too wide, or too square compared to the cut in the frame. Stick the trigger in backwards to check the bow real quick. After that see if there is any up & down or right to left play and narrow down where it has to be sticking.

I am pretty sure it was the trigger shoe and insert that were giving Chris the trouble too.

The "shoe" is usually the problem since they are usually a little oversized so that they can be fit into practically any frame. Some work fine after the corners are polished while others require a significant amount to be removed from the top and bottom. That is likely the most inconsistent dimension on a 1911 style frame.

take and use a blue sharpie and mark all sides of the trigger shoe and bow. Dryfire about 20-30 times to work in. Take apart and see were it is rubbed off then smooth that area down to get it to not rub. Repeat if needed to eliminate all rubbing.

Fit it?
take and use a blue sharpie and mark all sides of the trigger shoe and bow. Dryfire about 20-30 times to work in. Take apart and see were it is rubbed off then smooth that area down to get it to not rub. Repeat if needed to eliminate all rubbing.

Thanks, I'll try that when I get home.