Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CCI Blazer 45

Braxton1

post-2240-1202746680.jpg

Just a note to tell you that I found something that I've never seen before: I was culling out brass the other day and a novice reloader was with me. I found a few CCI Blazer aluminum cases in with my brass, so I thought "What a great time to show him the difference between Boxer primers and Berdans".

Imagine my surprise when I saw a conventional flash hole in the case, as opposed to the old in-case anvil of the old cases. Apparently, CCI is using Boxer primers in their new cases.

I still wouldn't reload 'em, as the aluminum probably wouldn't re-size correctly, but at least we won't break decapping pins if one accidently sneaks into the casefeeder.

Edited by Braxton1

post-2240-1202746680.jpg

Just a note to tell you that I found something that I've never seen before: I was culling out brass the other day and a novice reloader was with me. I found a few CCI Blazer aluminum cases in with my brass, so I thought "What a great time to show him the difference between Boxer primers and Berdans".

Imagine my surprise when I saw a conventional flash hole in the case, as opposed to the old in-case anvil of the old cases. Apparently, CCI is using Boxer primers in their new cases.

I still wouldn't reload 'em, as the aluminum probably wouldn't re-size correctly, but at least we won't break decapping pins if one accidently sneaks into the casefeeder.

FWIW, I *think* their "CleanFire" series still has the berdan primers.