Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ordered a tuned mag from Brazos

lucas

After purchasing 4 tuned mags from someone else a while back with only one of them seemingly better than my other stock tubes I was definitely disappointed,and surprised when I decited to see if Brazos gives you your moneys worth,but paying $125.00 plus $9.00 for shipping is wrong,I know,especially when we have places to send our mags to instead to be tuned ,but I gotsta know if these Brazos mags are as advertised.

After purchasing 4 tuned mags from someone else a while back with only one of them seemingly better than my other stock tubes I was definitely disappointed,and surprised when I decited to see if Brazos gives you your moneys worth,but paying $125.00 plus $9.00 for shipping is wrong,I know,especially when we have places to send our mags to instead to be tuned ,but I gotsta know if these Brazos mags are as advertised.

The one I got (STI 170) from him at the 2007 Open Nationals work fine. No frills (not high polished, no round count holes, no #).

Since then had the rest of my mags done by Howard :)

B)

Yes they are! You will get a professionally tuned mag that he stands behind.

I think the reason you would have to hate your self in the morning is because you only ordered one. :lol:

I bought 4 of them with my gun last year so they are numbered and there was a small discount for ordering that many. They ran flawlessly for the entire 2007 season. Not one problem. Mine where polished very nicely. The biggest difference in mine has to be that the slide stop has been disengaged on the gun so in turn I think the mags are as well.

Bob is top notch and his work is outstanding.

Edited by Brazos SC Shooter

paying $125.00 plus $9.00 for shipping is wrong,I know,especially when we have places to send our mags to instead to be tuned ,but I gotsta know if these Brazos mags are as advertised.

Just curious - why would that be "wrong"?? A while back, I tuned up 4 mags myself, setting the feed lip dimensions, squeezing tubes so they'd drop free in my gun, putting the right internals in, polishing the insides and feed lips, etc. Note that I couldn't adjust the internal dimensions, as I don't have a form, and all that. They took me a total of about 45 minutes to an hour a piece. If I factor in my cost of parts for the 4 mags (tubes, basepads, internals), I'm over $100 per mag already anyway. How does paying someone $20 or so bucks more to spend a good amount of time making sure everything is right end up being "wrong"? My time is worth more to me than (at best) $20/hour....

(my opinion - what's "wrong" is that neither S_I manufacturer makes mags that are "bulletproof" - both needing tuning to one extent or another in order to get the most out of them).

Well,if your going to confuse me with facts,I got nothing ,except to say maybe the throwing away money on my last attempts from a different high profile vender may have had something to do with it.

If that changes after getting the Brazos tuned mag I'll be posting it was worth every penny rest assured.

Well,if your going to confuse me with facts,I got nothing ,except to say maybe the throwing away money on my last attempts from a different high profile vender may have had something to do with it.

:lol: I hear ya... :D

If that changes after getting the Brazos tuned mag I'll be posting it was worth every penny rest assured.

Not every problem that could a mag is, but.... In fact, feel free to PM me, if you like, if you run into any trouble, and I'll see if I can help you figure it out...

In the airport returning from the Florida Open.....on the first day I was plagued with mag's problems(shooting Dawson mini II open gun).....bought 4 Brazo tuned mags and one 170 also tuned at the end of the first day and for the second day.....not a single problem....

I know trying new mags at a major match is.......but it's better then having problem on most stages......should have purchase these when I arrived.

These mag's are nice and shinny, and work.

bought 4 Brazo tuned mags and one 170 also tuned at the end of the first day and for the second day.....not a single problem....

Man, that's either very brave, or very desperate! :D heh heh... Its got that "Hey, kids, don't try this at home!" sort of flavor to it... ;) Glad it worked out, though, man. Better to have fun for the rest of the match than be shooting a bolt action pistol or something...

I was very desperate....the mag's I'm using usually work fine block to 10 rounds.....but they didn't want to feed when loaded at close to max.....so either try something or sink further in the result, especially when you loose complete confidence on your equipment...after a couple stages I when up thinking where it's going to jam this time....really not used to shoot that way ;) so now I have a nice set of mag for double tap open.....and that won't happen again...

• 2 weeks later...

Just received today and it may or may not be premature but I'm probably going to have to eat my words as promised.To just look at it and compare it to my other stock tubes and 5 other alleged tuned tubes I'm amazed how clean and polished all the edgesl around the tube are as compared to my others.

Got to order more next month whether needed or not,I'm sold.

Just received today and it may or may not be premature but I'm probably going to have to eat my words as promised.

I'm told they go best with a little tobasco sauce :D Let us know how it runs!

I have a total of 9 tuned Brazos mags and have not had a bit of trouble with any of them.

I bought the kit of 4 for my Limited gun at the 06 Area 6 from Bob. Not one bit of trouble with them. Then, at this past Fla Open, my son was having lots of mag problems (it was frustrating because when he would really start off well on a stage, his mag would act up). So, I decided enough was enough. I want him to focus on shooting and not fighting the equipment. After the match, I bought him 1 tuned big stick and a 4 mag set. I should have done that a long time ago. They have worked beautifully. What's best is that at the Fla Open, Bob taught me how to set up the replacement springs and followers.

You will not regret spending the $$'s. Like someone else posted, you will regret only ordering 1.