Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

135 FMJ production load.

eerw

Sorry I cant be any help with load data but I would like to know where you got the 135gr bullets and if the a lead or jacketed

friend of mine that hasn't USPSA in years decided to clean out his reloading room..so he sold me the 8000 135 FMJ CP Elite bullets he had squirreled away..

The CP bullets were made by John Ricco..and were great bullets back in the mid 90s..

Edited by eerw

3.4gr. Titegroup loaded to 1.135" with WSPM primers made 128.5pf in 60 degree temps out of a Glock 34 with Bar Sto barrel.

Be wary of Clays. It is too fast for the heavy bullets and the slightest movement in the gun can affect accuracy bad. I used to load Clays because it was soft until I figured out it was the ammo and not me why I was shooting alot of Charlie Deltas. It also shows pressure signs on the 135's. I like the Titegroup and 135 load......alot.

135gr zero's loaded to 1.150 with Clays at 3.5gr. 129 PF out of my M&P

Same here (in fact BassMan gave me the idea & Jack Suber has been using this load as well). I used it most recently in a Glock 17 for 3gun and with Zeros, surprisingly the accuracy is great! Bassman shoots an M&P.

Stu - caution: our CZs will work at 1.150, but I know that Angus, et al, load their 9mm really short. I would NOT try decreasing the OAL of the load above with straight Clays because straight Clays seems to do strange things (read: bad things) when pushed to its limits.

Regards,

D.

Edited by Carlos

135gr zero's loaded to 1.150 with Clays at 3.5gr. 129 PF out of my M&P

Same here (in fact BassMan gave me the idea & Jack Suber has been using this load as well). I used it most recently in a Glock 17 for 3gun and with Zeros, the surprisingly the accuracy is great! Bassman shoots an M&P.

Stu - caution: our CZs will work at 1.150, but I know that Angus, et al, load their 9mm really short. I would NOT try decreasing the OAL of the load above with straight Clays because straight Clays seems to do strange things (read: bad things) when pushed to its limits.

Regards,

D.

Carlos, what charge are you using with Solo 1000 and 135ers. I just got some to play with, and am looking to possibly sticking with the Solo 1000.

Carlos, what charge are you using with Solo 1000 and 135ers. I just got some to play with, and am looking to possibly sticking with the Solo 1000.

Wish I had the data, but I am so short on range time these days, I just used BassMan's Clays data for the 750 or so 135s I had left (and now they are too expensive). I did not try Solo 1000 with 135s; only 124s and 147s.

We are having our place renovated so my data's packed up. But, working from memory here (so CHECK 'cause I'm gettin' old):

-a 124 Frontier plated over the published max load of Solo 1000 @ 1.100" OAL made about a 130 PF (I think the max listed on the Solo 1000 PDF around here is 4.2 grns.).

-a 147 Zero JHP at 1.150" over 3.2 grains was about a 124 PF with no pressure signs. I upped the charge by .2 grns and shot it without pressure issues during a club match, though I did not re chrono. All testing done with an '04 SP-01. Sorry I could not be of more help. D.

Edited by Carlos

Shot this out of a G17 today over the chrono (temp was in the mid 40's).

135gr Zero FMJ

3.5 grains of Titegroup

1.13 OAL

WSP

961 avg

129.3 pf

135gr Zero FMJ

3.7 grains of Solo 1000

1.13 OAL

WSP

935 avg

126.2 pf

Thinking I might want to try .1gr more on the Solo 1000 round ;)

Edited by SA Friday

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got out to the range to do some chronographing.

temp on the bank sign said 57 degrees.

Out of my CZ75

135 FMJ CP Elite

Federal 100 primers

mixed brass

OAL 1.120

N320

3.6 gr. - 974 fps. 131PF

3.8 gr. - 996 fps. 134PF

Clays

3.4 gr. - 964 fps. 130PF

WST

4.4 gr. - 1001 fps. 135PF

Titegroup

3.5 gr. - 997fps. 134PF

• 7 months later...

135gr Zero FMJ

3.5 grains of Titegroup

1.13 OAL

WSP

961 avg

129.3 pf

135gr Zero FMJ

3.7 grains of Solo 1000

1.13 OAL

WSP

935 avg

126.2 pf

Any performance feedback on those loads? I might fire the press up and spit a few out with the TG.

135gr Zero FMJ

3.5 grains of Titegroup

1.13 OAL

WSP

961 avg

129.3 pf

135gr Zero FMJ

3.7 grains of Solo 1000

1.13 OAL

WSP

935 avg

126.2 pf

Any performance feedback on those loads? I might fire the press up and spit a few out with the TG.

Just a touch of smoke with the TG, but that's to be expected with the exposed lead base. They are snappier than the 147gr bullets, but not as snappy as a 124/5. It's an interesting mixture, you get a little snap from the round but no sluggishness like you sometimes get with a 147gr round. It takes steel down just as well as the 147s too. Accuracy is well within the needs for our game. My hits were the same as 147's out to about 15 yards, then I start seeing rise (as expected). I think you could get away with loading these a touch longer if wanted, but with the Glocks, it's really not worth it. They seem to like the OAL shorter anyway so why risk feeding problems.

I had some extra N320 a friend gave me to try, so I loaded a boat load of these with it. That's what I've been shooting since.

Edited by SA Friday

135gr Zero FMJ

3.5 grains of Titegroup

1.135 OAL

Magtech primers

I gave those a run at the local match. Stock G34. Seemed fine. (<<< that is the basis of my performance data)

I gave a handful to FranDoc, who plans to test them side by side with her current load (out of a 4in XD).