Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I just built my first AR15

Sgtsvi

I went into the project just to learn and see if I could do it. I kind of went all out on components and a couple of accessories. This isn't a competition rifle but is sure will be fun to shoot on some of the carbine side matches every now and then.

I did the SBR paperwork and the Form 4 for the SWR SpecWar II can at the same time.

sbr003.jpg

sbr004.jpg

was shootin' at a match yesterday w/a guy who had a can. darn thing didn't even run the timer! pretty cool....just RO'ing the guy, i could see that the whole thing was alot less violent to me, which means you could be more controlled, you dig? this was a 200yd. stage too, so....i know that the big, nasty, miculek comp bang thing gets on my nerves, so i wonder about the can thing? probably make a 20" gun awfully big.....does it just screw on to 1/2"-28 threads? how do you mount the gizmo?.....

was shootin' at a match yesterday w/a guy who had a can. darn thing didn't even run the timer! pretty cool....just RO'ing the guy, i could see that the whole thing was alot less violent to me, which means you could be more controlled, you dig? this was a 200yd. stage too, so....i know that the big, nasty, miculek comp bang thing gets on my nerves, so i wonder about the can thing? probably make a 20" gun awfully big.....does it just screw on to 1/2"-28 threads? how do you mount the gizmo?.....

The flash hider has two lugs that match the mount on the can. You push down and give it a quarter turn and it is locked in. It is a fast QD system much like the MP5 three lug mount.

The flash hider has two lugs that match the mount on the can. You push down and give it a quarter turn and it is locked in. It is a fast QD system much like the MP5 three lug mount.

Plus the paperwork and tax stamp(s) of course...

ETA: pay the taxman twice...alas no SBR's in AL

Edited by Middle Man