Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aimpoint Scope repair

glk20

I have two older Aimpoints ( a comp and a 5000 2X) that the dots have dimmed till you cannot see them in bright sunlight. Does anyone know of an optics shop that works on these?

Contact Aimpoint directly. Their products all have a lifetime warranty. Last time I sent a COMP XD back they refurbished it for $30 or so including shipping back and it was back to me in 4 weeks. Their service is second to none.

from their website:

North American - Sales Office

Markets: USA and Canada

Aimpoint Inc.

14103 Mariah Court

Chantilly, VA 20151 - 2113

Phone: +1-703-263-9795

Toll Free: 877-Aimpoint

Fax: 1-703-263-9463

E-mail: info@aimpoint.com

Homepage: www.aimpoint.com

Aimpoint actually does not have a lifetime warranty. The warranty is 10 years, or 2 years in the case of Professional users (defined as LE, military and competition shooters). That said, they don't seem to really care when you bought them or what you use them for (as long as you don't drive over them or something). Just don't tell them how old they are or what you use them for.

Aimpoint actually does not have a lifetime warranty.

Ummm. According to their rep in the Virginia office they do. I was told that they would support them all for the lifetime of the product, period. I have had multiple COMP XDs refurbished that were more than 10 years old.