Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bedell Limited w/Ion Bond Satin finish

jackruss

Got my Bedell last July and after breaking it in and having some fun sent it off to IonBond last month. I sent them only the stripped upper and lower along with hammer and sear pins, extractor, reverse plug and firing pin stop. I got everything back about 3 weeks later. Couldn't be happier with the results. Had them do the DLC coating in satin black. The barrel and everything else is natural stainless with a little Flitz hand polishing. Total cost with shipping was $200.00 All the parts went together perfect with no interference issues. Enjoy the pics. :rolleyes:

Bedell2.jpg

Bedell1.jpg

We have been testing it and trying to scrape it up, and about all we can do is put the metal from the objects we are scraping it with onto the finish. It is hard stuff.

We have an IonBond facility local and they have decided to let us run our parts there. They do two million in gold coating slot machine parts (TiN)a year and coat Kershaw knives.

You can see the post in my dealer's section

The only prep work I did was take the gun completely apart to save myself charges for shipping and disassembly charges by Ion Bond. They do all the metal prep work. Gun was originally blued. Ion Bond strips the parts with an aluminum oxide blaster after they tape off the frame and slide rails, then throughly clean and degrease before coating.