Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Belt For A Fatty?

diehli

Sooooooooooo... I'm thinking it's time to move away from the Kydex and get a real competition holster and mag pouches, but I don't want to do that until I've got a belt that I know they'll fit on. Who makes "larger" under and over belts in a size that will accommodate most race holsters currently available (ie, NOT Bianchi... the belt is 1.75" IIRC-- most popular race holsters have 1.5" belt "loops").

Anyone have any suggestions (aside from the obvious <_< , which I'm working on)?

Your help is appreciated.

TIA!!! :P

I didn't know you could get Safariland belts that large!

Anyway . . . I used to use a double belt system in the deep, dark past. What I did was get two of the smaller sized underbelts and overbelts and just connected them like a daisy chain. This is semi-affordable if you go with a nylon outer belt (mine was a 1.5 Bianchi). You can sew them together to make it permanent too.

Now I just use the same stuff I carry with all the time. It's easier.

Cool... thanks, guys. Yeah, I guess the Double-Double thing would've worked... didn't occur to me, plus I'm JUST out of the range... methinks two 28-inch belts would have been a little long. I'm at about 50-51.

Yeah, I wish I was ONLY 300 lbs, too! I'm stuck at 314, though. Made the choice to start losing weight last June. Had my gallbladder removed late October and by November I had lost about 55-70 pounds (not exactly sure because the doc's office scale didn't measure that high). Now, no matter what I do I can't seem to drop any more poundage. A binge puts on a few pounds but a good hour dropping Little Boy (or Fat Man) on the porcelain throne brings me right back down. Like I said, I'm working on it, but I do like having to have my clothes altered to fit (smaller, that is).

Now I just have to figure out if I want to go the Ghost Holster route with my Grock and whether to go for the CR-Speed mag holders or Safariland 771s.

Again, THANKS!!!

My Big Dave just ordered Safarilands from Chuck @ Shooters Connection - we got both belts for around $110 (I think!) And they do go to size 58 or 60 - he had been squeezing into a 48 and was just TICKLED with the new ones!!!

We actually ordered them TOO big and had to send them back, so be sure to order your waist size. Or just plus one!

GET THE LIMCAT HOLSTER AND MAG POUCHES :) They can NOT be beat for adjustability - TRUST ME on this one - we both aren't little people and they are the only ones that we've been able to wear comfortably!!!!

Shooter Grrl... good to know on the sizing thing. Only problem with the Limcat is that I'm shooting a Grock... I ain't down with that level of modification to my trigger/trigger guard. :huh: Plus I got the gun used, and it's already been drilled for the GH.

rhino, I find I need all the ankle protection I can get... I'm partial to my Merrell Chameleon Ventilator boots. I also have a pair of Nike Destroyer cleats that I have from my paintball days... they work great for IPSC cause the cleats are little nubs rather than big fat things that help you flub up your ankles on anything that isn't dirt or grass.

Shooter's Connection, here I come.