Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for matches in North Louisiana

I'm going to put this one out there for anybody to help with. I live in NE La. and only get to shoot 1 match a month in Jackson, Ms. The club there is a great facility and a great bunch of people and I intend to continue to shoot the monthly match. I just want to shoot more then 1 match monthly. Are there any board members living in north La. or south Arkansas who could help me find a suitable range and start a club? There used to be one at the Clark's range in Princeton, La but it is defunct or they only shoot IDPA now; I'm not sure which one. I am willing to act as the club contact and talk or work with anyone I need to so I can get this off the ground, so please just post here or send me a PM. Thanks in advance for everyones help!

PS: Mods, if this doesn't belong here please move it to the appropriate forum.

I don't think there is anything in southern Arkansas based on Area 4 Site . The East Texas matches may be too long of a haul for some, but they're reasonable. They're worth knowing about. Texarkana, Longview, Tyler, Lufkin Longview is 2.5 hours from Monroe. Texarkana is 3 hours. Tyler is 3.25. Longview has Steel Challenge every other month. The rest are IPSC/USPSA.

Edited by Steve J

Thanks, Steve. I shot an IDPA classifier at Tyler a long time ago and it is a very nice club. It's about a 3 hour drive for me (Jackson, Ms. is about 2 hours) and I'm trying to find or start something closer if possible. If I can't get it going here, Tyler or Texarkana may be an option.

I just moved to Bossier City recently, and yes, it seems there is no IPSC in the immediate area..... Texarkana I believe is still a match, otherwise its IDPA type stuff, or rifle shooting, some tactical 3-gun..... let me know if you find something, or get something started.