Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Epic Shooting Moments

el pres

'06 Tri-gun Challenge shooting in He-Man/Heavy Metal division. Long 30+ shotgun course of fire that ran in a straight line left to right or right to left. Still very new to this competition shooting thing so was just really having fun at this match. The course of fire involved hitting stationary clays, clays thrown by pepper popper activators, and numerous falling steel targets. None of the shots were very difficult but there was a lot of reloading.

Shot the stage without missing any of the targets or fumbling any of the reloads, but it seemed to me that I had shot if really slow. Was congratulated right after the stage by numerous shooters who said it was a nice run. Found out later I scored 99.+ something percent of Pat Kelley who is a He-Man/Heavy Metal division god! (at least in my humble opinion). I am guessing Mr. Kelley had a bad run on that stage, but it still made me feel pretty good. You at least get the feeling that you have a competitor hidden in you somewhere. The challenge is to let that competitor our on a consistent basis.

• 2 weeks later...

Memorable ? a couple of weeks ago I shot TNS @ Rio Salado.

First stage of the night was kind of a speed shoot.

First string was 8 shots on 4 targets that were very close together @ 10 yds . Move to a box and shoot on a plate 15+ yds out.

Second string was same but reverse order - 2 shot on 15 yd plate move to box and shoot the 4 plates.

It felt very like a very fast run but as many know, there are a lot of fast steel shooter that shoot TNS so I was very interested to see where it ended up.

I was 9th overall on that stage. Something like 0.2 behind the TGO.

For me it was during a lowly Level 1 just before Nationals. The South African Champ shoots with us. The one stage I go first, 4 targets and every target half covered by a no-shoot, course shot at 30 meters. I just go slow and take the Alphas and do the course in about 8 seconds. General feeling is- nice score but look at the time, much to slow. The shoot ends with me taking the stage and beating Alex for the first and only time. It felt so good my head was in the clouds for weeks after that.

Started going fast(hell I can win!) and hitting Mikes all the time. Now, after a wasted year, is taking the Alphas again and the score is reflecting that smooth is fast and that hurried is slow. 15 and 16 March we are shooting Nationals at the club and I am planning to shoot a full score, every stage. Not a winning game plan but a sure game plan.

I saw this on the score board at the 2007 Area 5 championship. Stage 9 Ft Hardcover.

1 Robert V. 126 GM Production 69 0 8.66 7.9677 75.0000 100.00%

2 Ben S. 69 GM Production 71 0 9.27 7.6591 72.0951 96.13%

3 Kyle F. 57 GM Production 67 0 9.79 6.8437 64.4198 85.89%

4 Shawn W. K 150 B Production 69 0 10.30 6.6990 63.0577 84.08%

Nothing else in the world existed at that moment!!!

Edited by theknightoflight