Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Meeting the Terminix Guy at the Door

Calamity Jane

OK if may not have been right :devil: but it sure was fun :lol:

The bug guy came while I was dry firing. I just decided to keep my gun on. Met him at the door in full gear. Told him not to worry about the gun and asked if he would start in the basement as I was working down there. He said, "yes, no problem". He worked his way quickly through the house. Asked me if I wanted an attic inspection. When I said "NO" he didn't argue at all. Usually I get the lecture about how important that is and some sales speel about what a good deal they offer. Not today ;):lol:

Edited by Calamity Jane

:goof: That is too funny! I always take my gun off when answering the door for deliveries and such. But that was classic!

It's sad that we feel the need to take off our guns in our own houses. I'm not telling you you're wrong for doing it, just wishing that when I answer the door with a gun on the person thinks, "hi, how are you" not "Oh my God, he has a gun"

Still, it was a funny story.

I answered the door with my gun on. The electrician was stopping by to show me something. We went into my dry fire spot. He kept talking about the noise bothering my family or do I only shoot when they are gone.

When someone sees your dry fire area do they think you really shoot there ?

Good job, lady. I think I'll wear my thigh rig and a suitable 1911 the next time there's a knock on the door.

Uh, you mean you don't have a gun on ever time you answer the door?!?!? Oh, that's right! You're not in Texas :lol:

Edited by carinab

Good job, lady. I think I'll wear my thigh rig and a suitable 1911 the next time there's a knock on the door.

Uh, you mean you don't have a gun on ever time you answer the door?!?!? Oh, that's right! You're not in Texas :lol:

That's right...and I didn't have a knife in my pocket either. :lol:

Nah, I didn't mean that we need a knife or a pistol to answer the door...It's just nearly everyone here (or at least everyone I know) has a gun and is wearing it (along with their CHL). What's that quote from Miss Congeniality? Oh, yeah....

This is Texas. Everyone has a gun. My florist has a gun.

:cheers:

Nah, I didn't mean that we need a knife or a pistol to answer the door...It's just nearly everyone here (or at least everyone I know) has a gun and is wearing it (along with their CHL). What's that quote from Miss Congeniality? Oh, yeah....

This is Texas. Everyone has a gun. My florist has a gun.

:cheers:

It's funny you mention that. I was explaining to someone from Scotland about the knife I carry. Apparently carrying a knife of any kind is illegal there. I took him out and started to point out how many people carry knives. Partially visible ones anyway. He was blown away. I told him that NOT having a knife here was a little strange. I explained to him how often I use a knife daily. A letter opener,screw driver, hammer, cutting tool, a good knife is all these things. I think he finally understood that perfectly normal people can carry something, that is illegal were he comes from, and it's ok. Here's the best part, you should have seen his eyes when I told him I was carrying a gun this whole time.

Apparently carrying a knife of any kind is illegal there.

Scottish traditional attire includes a knife tucked into the sock - but now, the practice is to use a decorative handle that sticks out of the sock but has no blade. Perhaps it is something in the water.

I can hear the dialog now after a pint or ten of ale:

[scotch accent]

Stahp yer blether or it's a stooshie! I'll whip you bangpot with me sock stick ya' arsebandit!

[/scotch accent]

:goof:

The bug guy came while I was dry firing. I just decided to keep my gun on. Met him at the door in full gear.

If you really want to freak him out next time also wear your Nike contact lenses!! :devil:

Edited by Nemo