Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Talkin' 'bout the actual shootin'...

spook

Title says it all I think. The "Shooting Discussions" Forums is where it's at.

This place has become so crowded and there are so many subforums, most of which are not about shooting, that it's easy to forget why I joined these forums in the first place.

I will be in the "Shooting Discussions" forums from now on, learning how to be a better shooter. Feel free to join me ;)

I hear what you guys are sayin', but this thread is actually part of what you are talking about! :lol:

Rocket

I think they are talkin' 'bout us :unsure:

:lol: May be- I just can't seem to get past that this very thread contradicts what the whole beef is about........ :wacko:

I hear what you guys are sayin', but this thread is actually part of what you are talking about! :lol:

Rocket

I think they are talkin' 'bout us :unsure:

:lol: May be- I just can't seem to get past that this very thread contradicts what the whole beef is about........ :wacko:

"Where's the Beef?"

But in all fairness to us, I did start a thread a bit ago asking for par time info ;)

I do agree with more shooting posts. I see Flex has ressurected some older shooting discussions lately and those are good, especially for those of that haven't seen them before. Also of note, I notice new shooters with a solid question get their hand slapped for not using the search function first. Can't we just let their question stand or add the old thread to it somehow? New questions might bring new light on certain subjects.

Also of note, I notice new shooters with a solid question get their hand slapped for not using the search function first. Can't we just let their question stand or add the old thread to it somehow? New questions might bring new light on certain subjects.

Totally agree with you.

If you're taking the time to answer "use the search function", wouldn't it be more helpful for the newcomers if you could actually help them, search the thread (chances are you can recall a few keywords they don't know), and link it under their question?

I mean, if you're willing to help, you should do it 'till the end.

I do agree with more shooting posts. I see Flex has ressurected some older shooting discussions lately and those are good, especially for those of that haven't seen them before. Also of note, I notice new shooters with a solid question get their hand slapped for not using the search function first. Can't we just let their question stand or add the old thread to it somehow? New questions might bring new light on certain subjects.

Good post and reflects my sentiments exactly.

+1 on Flex ressurrecting the Wanna-B-Speedy threads. Those are great!

Edited by spook

Title says it all I think. The "Shooting Discussions" Forums is where it's at.

This place has become so crowded and there are so many subforums, most of which are not about shooting, that it's easy to forget why I joined these forums in the first place.

I will be in the "Shooting Discussions" forums from now on, learning how to be a better shooter. Feel free to join me ;)

+1

+1

Also of note, I notice new shooters with a solid question get their hand slapped for not using the search function first. Can't we just let their question stand or add the old thread to it somehow? New questions might bring new light on certain subjects.

Totally agree with you.

If you're taking the time to answer "use the search function", wouldn't it be more helpful for the newcomers if you could actually help them, search the thread (chances are you can recall a few keywords they don't know), and link it under their question?

I mean, if you're willing to help, you should do it 'till the end.

+1

J

I'm not sure I see the problem.

There is a lot of discussion on the forum regarding a wide variety of subjects.

But there is also more hard core shooting info here than anywhere I've seen on the WWW.

There is hardly any shooting / technical / gunsmithing / reloading question you could possibly dream up that you can't find an answer to here.

When you log on and scroll through the topics, you need not read threads you don't find interesting or not shooting related.

We are a community of shooters but there are times when we need to laugh or vent or just need a little support in a personal crisis.

We could always start some more threads to rehash the never ending controversies.

How about another round of:

Glock vs. STI

Validity and Future of Lim 10

Validity and Worth of SS

Classification system

Prize Table Distribution

Bubble Gum Stages

Shooting Tests vs. Hose Fests

Those are alway entertaining.

I'm in, ...... pick one and light it up. B)

Tony

Edited by 38superman

Tony, don't misunderstand my thread. It's in the "What I like" forum, and it's about threads that are about shooting ;)

I get it.

I like the shooting discussions too.

It's just that every now and then I see someone posting that bemoans the "non-shooting" content of the forum.

I never understood that because it's all valuable to me.

Didn't intend to overreact.

Edited by 38superman

No worries mate :)

Now that is Aussie terminology if I have ever heard it!!!!

I will be down under the next two weeks, first one in NZ, then in Aus

I could be just jumping to wrong conclusions here Z, but I think Spook is Dutch, as in from the Netherlands?

No worries mate :)

Now that is Aussie terminology if I have ever heard it!!!!

I will be down under the next two weeks, first one in NZ, then in Aus

I could be just jumping to wrong conclusions here Z, but I think Spook is Dutch, as in from the Netherlands?

Agreed, but I have met aussies all over the world, I thought he might be a aussie living in Holland

I like the shooting stuff...a lot.

In the newbie section...I try not to say "do a search". Outside of the newbie section...depends on how new they are.

There are some topics where the Q can be better covered...far better...from reading the material that is already here. The old stuff...was written when we had a lot of top shooters participating in the discussions. A lot of the new stuff...I hate to say...is guys that might not yet KNOW, but are more than willing to repeat what they've heard. (I'm guilty of that at times.)

How many times can you expect the top guys to type the same answers to the same questions?

Far better to say..."I found this info with a search, and here are the terms I used to search". I don't always have time to do that...so, please help out. :)

There are some topics where the Q can be better covered...far better...from reading the material that is already here. The old stuff...was written when we had a lot of top shooters participating in the discussions. A lot of the new stuff...I hate to say...is guys that might not yet KNOW, but are more than willing to repeat what they've heard. (I'm guilty of that at times.)

How many times can you expect the top guys to type the same answers to the same questions?

Far better to say..."I found this info with a search, and here are the terms I used to search". I don't always have time to do that...so, please help out. :)

A big +1

I will try to do the same. It's good to point at older threads and create sort of a shooting database. I also like to bring old threads back from the dead.

A lot of the new stuff...I hate to say...is guys that might not yet KNOW, but are more than willing to repeat what they've heard. (I'm guilty of that at times.)

So true. This is why I have mentioned my recent dislike of the phrase "see what you need to see" in another thread. I read it so may times as an "end of thread" statement, and many times you can read between the lines that it does not come from personal experience. It leaves the new shooter wanting for details on the subject (I think).

I hope more shooters will share their experiences, so that we can learn new things. Things that go beyond, Beyond Fundamentals ;)

Far better to say..."I found this info with a search, and here are the terms I used to search".

That would be TREMENDOUSLY helpful.

Often I remember the keywords in the title of a thread, but those appear not to be searchable (only the text terms will search, correct? That's been my experience.)

Sometimes the search function is temperamental -- needs quotes, doesn't need quotes, will search for one term in a series but not for two or three together, sometimes it'll take a phrase, etc.

If someone finds a link to an existing thread, please post that and/or include the keywords that were used in the search. If your search karma is working better than mine on that particular day, the direct link(s) would be greatly appreciated.