Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What exactly is a Bill Drill?

Jay6

As far as I know the term "Bill Drill" came about as Duane described. I wished I would have known about the "Rogers possibility," because I could have asked him at the Shot Show.

The original Bill Drill was shot at 7 yards - 6 shots into the A-box in 2 seconds or less. That's what made it a "Bill Drill" - all 6 shots had to be A's. Since then, it's been modified in pretty much every way imaginable. One of the more useful being, "how fast can you shoot 6 A's at 10, 15, or 25 yards. And then to make it really fun, try it at 50.

be

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had a 2 day semi private lesson with TGO. He said it was originated by Bill Wilson. Back then, the late 80s', a Master Class Bill drill was, surrender start, one target, 7 yards, draw, shoot 6 As' in 2 seconds or less. Must be all A zone or it does not count. I am sure GMs are doing this in 1.4 seconds or less now. I have made the 6 A zone in under 2 seconds, 9 times, ever. I watched TGO do 7 in a row. On the 8th one he pulled a C zone. Back then he said 7 in a row was the world record. If he had made #8 he would have set the new record. I am sure he can do many more now.