Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting USA - Sighting In Tonight

MEC

For those interested the Shooting USA - Sighting In TV show tonight will feature introducing new shooters to USPSA.

It airs at 5:00 and 9:00 Eastern Time

Below is the details of the show from the Shooting USA site:

This time we’re Sighting In with new shooters in USPSA competition. What’s it like being one of the newest competitors to try Practical Shooting? We’re in Georgia with a class to find out. Then three of our guys shoot a match with a local USPSA club and prove you don’t have to be fast to have fun.

We’re taking you to a New Shooter’s Clinic at one of the best USPSA shooting clubs in the nation. We’ll show you what it’s like, learning to be the newest competitors in the extreme sport of run and gun handgun shooting. And show you what you might expect starting out with your local club.

Eric Lund is the volunteer instructor for a half-day of classroom explanation of the rules and requirements for USPSA shooting. Eric’s Presentation takes the class through a complete explanation of range procedures, the rules, the scoring, and the safety requirements. The afternoon is one-on-one work with the guns starting with the grip. The additional Instructors are experienced shooters with the Gwinette Practical Shooting League who have volunteered to help start these new shooters with the right fundamentals, the proper grip, the right sight picture, and how to show the gun is clear at the end of a run through a stage. The final step is running the new shooters through a small stage of fire to get them used to shooting against the timer.

Saw it. Man I love being back in the US! Haven't owned a TV in over 2 years.

It's the same video as available from USPSA and its new shooter/welcoming packet with the addition of John Scouten and friends shooting a match at a NICE range in Tennessee.

Definitely worth a watch/record on the DVR. ;)

Rich

Sure thing, as you may have seen we all got hooked on the production division, our performance sheds alot of light on just how incredable the top shooters really are. And the guys and gals from NTPS made us right at home, I will be back for sure!

-John

Sheesh. Awesome club with:

- Erik Lund

- Dave Sevigny

- Julie Goloski

- Chris Patty

Just to name a few. I shot the GA State there a few years ago. Phenomenal facilities and definitely THE BEST run match I've ever seen. Shooters...SHOT. No taping or setting up. They staffed the stages accordingly. It was awesome.

Rich