Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Please critique

rtr

Please tell me how I can improve.

Note I shot the classifier in 11.27 with 87 points, but I had a noshoot/mike on my second shot on the weakhand portion.

These two stages are the same with different lighting.

How are you doing Chris....

I am not qualified to give you advise... :goof:

But looked good to me with the exception of coming back to that one target in the second to last port.

On the second of the later video's.

Hope to see you Sunday in Peublo

Todd

What Matt said. WHIP your head around on the beep when your back is to the targets.

I wouldn't rely on the "Scoot the mag in" table reloads too much...you'll find that the surfaces of most props won't allow it (barrels, weathered wood tables).

And the only other thing is that your reloads should be a bit faster! You have this HUGE magwell, so use it!

I'll give some advice for video taping. Make sure whoever video tapes your shooting gets your whole body, feet and everything and not get so close. Have them stay in one spot if possible and not try to be over your shoulder. Though its nice to see the target setup you'll get alot more feedback if we see the whole picture.

Make sure when your coming into a position your getting set up for your next shot. The next to last position you looked down, got to the position then you set up and started shooting. If you get the gun up and start setting up a couple steps out you can start engaging as soon you see the first target. This will take some work but can be learned in dryfire in some box to box drills.

Flyin

Edited by Flyin40

On the standing reload, keep the gun high, and don't look down at the mag. Eyes stay on the gun, and look the mag into the well. If you can't reliably get the mag with the weak hand, just practice at home for a few hours. You might also try putting your weight over on your pivot foot before the beep, and standing up straighter. Flatfooted and leaning forward just puts your mass two directions opposite of where it is going to end up.

Also, relax.

Also, try to get your weak hand behind the gun more when shooting that way, your grip was pretty far over to the side, the torque will slow down sight reacquisition.

H.

Last video,

You had an opportunity from your second shooting position to your third and from your third to your last to pickup some time. Seems like your focus when you are running is downrange searching for the target even with those large barricades that don't let you see anything. After your last shot from position 2, snap your vision to your next setup point (you should know where that is) then right before you get there, snap your vision back onto the targets. Going from position 2 to 3 you kind of glanced at where you were going but it looked like your focus was drawn to looking downrange waiting to see the targets. From 3 to 4 you did a double scoot to see the targets. If you would have nailed your setup spot that wouldn't have happened.

Edited by Filishooter