Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SV SingleStack Magwell Instructions

Chris Keen

Ok so I got my new (to me) Red B) SV SingleStack magwell in the mail today, and it's like Christmas morning & I cant find the instructions to put the two pieces together with :huh: and I dont want to do it wrong and damage something beautiful so I thought I'd check here 1st to see if there's a gracious soul who could help me out with either a copy of theirs or just step by step instructions would be great!

I'm sure Merlin or Zhunter have some kind of idea ;)

Don't you still need a good torch?

Slide in the freezer, then heat up the frame rails with a torch...put the two together for a nice tight fit.

How do you get tight slide to frame fits with a wire welder? (Oh...that's right...you use the big hammer.)

:)

Ok so I got my new (to me) Red B) SV SingleStack magwell in the mail today, and it's like Christmas morning & I cant find the instructions to put the two pieces together with :huh: and I dont want to do it wrong and damage something beautiful so I thought I'd check here 1st to see if there's a gracious soul who could help me out with either a copy of theirs or just step by step instructions would be great!

I'm sure Merlin or Zhunter have some kind of idea ;)

This may be too late, but here goes....

I did a couple of these installs on my SS setups and they all went on a little differently. But, there was one trick that really seemed to work well. First, make sure you have straight shot through with the pin by trying it without the MSH in the frame. This will let you know the two retaining screws are in the right spot. Then, put in the MSH and proceed to insert the pin. I had one that was extremely tight and I was a little unsure about using a BFH on it so I just worked it slowly. If you stop at several points along the way, you can actually take the allen wrench and tweak the two screws a little bit in/out to try to find the sweet spot where there is the least resistance. This means that each retaining screw is centered over the pin at its current point. Then, tap a little bit more and repeat the screw tweaking. This prevents just ramming the pin home when the screws are NOT quite where they should be. Once I started using this technique, they always went in pretty well without scoring the pin.

Oh yeah, and here's the link to the online instructions:

http://sviguns.com/technical/magwell.html

Edited by WickedBag

My first 2 had no problems with installation, they were drop in with no issue!!!!

My latest one, a aluminum one was NOT a drop in. The pin that holds the mainspring and magwell together/in-place needed to be reduced in diameter, and it needed to be reduced a lot. The "channel" was much too small.

Hope this helps.

ZH