Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The First 48

CMV

Cool episode Colin. Just curious do the producers of the show pay you or the PD something for doing the show? Is it annoying having them follow you around while you're trying to do your job?

Thanks to all who watched and the nice comments. I don't get paid by the show and as far as I know, neither does the department. It was really annoying at first, having one's own cameraman following you around, but as with everything, you get used to it...doesn't bother me in the least now.

The trial is coming up here shortly. Like Monday, shortly.

Edited to add: It happened in the Kennedy Heights neighborhood which is northeast of downtown proper.

Edited by CMV

Boy did he look like a complete idot or what!!!!

Just kidding. That is an excellent program, I watch it every week. I could not do your job, when I picked up somebody that had done something to a child or old person they would not make it to jail. Good thing there are people like you out there.

Edited by Jaxshooter

Great job Colin!

CAUTION - SPOILER BELOW SO STOP READING IF YOU DON'T WANT THE SPOILER

What just seems completely random is that the shooter grabs a gun off the ground and shoots his target in the head - and says he didn't mean to shoot him. I tend to believe him, but it just seems like bizarre, random fate.

Edited by chp5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm finally catching a re-run of "Backfire" tonight. Detective Vaughn can rest assured that he is very cool on camera.

Again, this is a great series documentary and is refreshing because it deals with reality and not some staged, predictable crap.

Some episodes extend beyond 48 hours (and they indicate that), but the follow-ups are built into the show and often provide closure OR solution to the crime.