Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

oK, i've decieded on a STI Edge(DP super package) or the Executive

jimmy1

Which should I get??? I will be shooting limited with it, currently using a glock 35. If I get the edge it will be coming with the chrome. If I go this route should I wait on the chrome until after the gun has been broken in or just get it out of the shoot from DP. Is there any difference between these guns besides cosmetics?

Thanks for any advise.

Between those two, get the DP tuned Edge, and wait for chrome until after you shoot it some - that way, you can be sure you don't need to take of any sharp edges or contour the safeties, etc, before you put that final touch on the gun.

I recommend you take a good long look at the Legend over the Edge.

For starters, the slide cuts on the Edge are sharp.

When ever I have a problem and have to rack the slide in a hurry, it often tears my hands up. I had to have a gunsmith take the sharp corners off the sights as well.

Otherwise you may as well get used to carrying a first aid kit in your range bag.

The cuts on the Legend are probably kinder, gentler on your hand.

Also the legend already has a hard chrome slide and the over all look of the gun is quite nice.

Just something to think about.

Tony

I have a Brazos tuned Edge and this gun rocks. I haven't shot the Executive so I can't compare. I would def. get either a DP or Brazos tuned Edge over a stock Edge. I have a stock STI Tactical as well and the gun needs work esp. with the trigger. The DP and Brazos guns have the upgraded mag buttons, magwells, sights, and trigger jobs. I would prob. say these gunsmiths are two of the best in the USPSA game so I would trust their tuning over STI's? Someone correct me if you think I'm wrong.

Pete

I went with a DP Supertuned Edge and it's been great....almost flawless really. It came hard chromed and now I wish it hadn't as I'd probably get the slide lightened and then have it Ion Bonded. I have IB on my Bedell and it's crazy tough, but a bit more expensive than hard chrome. R,

I went through the same decision about 8 months ago. I finally came to the conclusion that having Dan Bedell build me a gun the way I wanted it was worth the few hundred dollars it cost more than the others, his guns are incredibly fit and finished, hellbent reliable and not that much more than the guns you're already considering. My .02

just in case no one has mentioned it to you before. The Executive is the exact same thing as an Edge with all the options (ie. hard chrome, fiber optic front sight, and steel magwell). i have spoken with STI about this and they verified the previous statement. i dont know much about the legend, but being tri-topped that will give you some slide lightening...

i have an Executive and an Edge (with all the options), and the only difference is whats written on the slide.

CMV mentioned getting a custom build. if you got the extra money, GET IT! there is NOTHING better than a good custom build gun.

just in case no one has mentioned it to you before. The Executive is the exact same thing as an Edge with all the options (ie. hard chrome, fiber optic front sight, and steel magwell). i have spoken with STI about this and they verified the previous statement. i dont know much about the legend, but being tri-topped that will give you some slide lightening...

i have an Executive and an Edge (with all the options), and the only difference is whats written on the slide.

CMV mentioned getting a custom build. if you got the extra money, GET IT! there is NOTHING better than a good custom build gun.

I agree going the custom route 100% if you are willing to wait. I have a pair of Brazos Pro SC guns and they rule!!! The tuned Edge is awesome but the SC guns are better.

You can find smoking deals on some gently used custom S_I's built by some of the finest pistolsmiths in the USA right here on the classified ads on this forum, for the same if not much more than what you are looking at spending.

Really a matter of choice. I do not think you can go wrong either way.

FWIW & YMMV & yada, yada, yada

Edited by baerburtchell