Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How about those Giants?

Steve J

Although I am a Patriot fan, I have to give it up to the Giants. Congratulations, they had one tough defensive line and kept putting the pressure on Brady.

Let me stand in line next to Homie and say "congrats" to the NY Giants.

They did a great job of punishing the Pats O line.

My perspective saw that the Giants really really wanted the win, while the Pats almost "expected" the Giants to roll over.

You can't win if you running game is not effective, and you don't make a pass over 15 yards. :angry2:

Looks like I need to start riding the train down to Boston to watch the Bruins...

HOCKEY!! YEAH BABY!.. the OPEN class of professional sports, fast, loud, raw, and not for everyone.

The upside is, it was a very exciting game and the Pats didn't really choke the game: they just got beat. The NY defense controlled the line all night long. The Pats could not run consistently and Brady did not have enough time in the pocket to set up any long outside pass patterns. They did work the short routes, but at the end of the day that wasn't enough.

And Manning was a very cool performer when the heat was on. Gotta give him credit.

I said all along the Pats looked very beatable. Toward the end of the season they were almost losing to teams that were SUPPOSED to be nowhere near them.... and they did not look 100% in any of their playoff games. The Giants played the best ball BY FAR in the months leading up to the bowl and they played the best last night.

Great game. The man I would like to congratulate is Archie Manning. I can't imagine what it feels like to watch your boys win back-to-back Superbowls. :cheers:

No kidding. How can you be humble in that family?

Although I am a Patriot fan, I have to give it up to the Giants. Congratulations, they had one tough defensive line and kept putting the pressure on Brady.

Let me stand in line next to Homie and say "congrats" to the NY Giants.

They did a great job of punishing the Pats O line.

They won that battle early in the game and never let Bardy have any peace. Brady looks to me like one of those supposedly "great" QB's who sparkle as long as they are not pressured, and fall apart when they are. Kind of reminds me of Jim Plunkett in that regard.

Great game. The man I would like to congratulate is Archie Manning. I can't imagine what it feels like to watch your boys win back-to-back Superbowls. :cheers:

No kidding. How can you be humble in that family?

But what a shadow to have to try to live up to.... Eli showed no signs of the pressure which amazed me more than anything else. Brady and the Pats did, I think the pressure of going undefeated ate them alive.

Did everybody see that unbelievable catch of the "hail Mary" 50 yard pass that Eli threw on fourth down in the final scoring drive?

He caught it in one hand and trapped the ball agianst his helmet then brought it down under control.

I would have thought that image of him with the ball held against his head would gain new immortality as "the catch" did for the 49er's.

Of course everyone is an armchair QB or coach now, but I really think the difference in the Pats was that they had no rest. As a team they stayed pretty healthy through-out and coach B rarely let them sit during a huge lead. (Earning him undying support. Just not the positive kind!!! lol...) I think the starters were just drained and it's shown for the last few games.

Basically the same group played 19 games. Thats alot of football when everyone is bringing their A game at ya!!!

When my Colts played them early in the year they got beaten, but had plenty of reserve to come back strong. Coach B may go down as one of the greatest, but this year he lost them a ring. He acted like a pissed off school yard bully and played his team so hard they burned out early.

In sports winning is everything, but I'd rather play hard and lose with Coach Dungy than win at all cost with coach billy...

Of course everyone is an armchair QB or coach now, but I really think the difference in the Pats was that they had no rest. As a team they stayed pretty healthy through-out and coach B rarely let them sit during a huge lead. (Earning him undying support. Just not the positive kind!!! lol...) I think the starters were just drained and it's shown for the last few games.

Basically the same group played 19 games. Thats alot of football when everyone is bringing their A game at ya!!!

I never thought of that: I assumed that any player could play a full season barring injury.

"New York has to be the happiest place on earth right now..."

You BET it is...... :goof:

I've been a Giants fan since I was a little kid.....damn this feels great.

There will be more than a few so called sportswriters (self proclaimed experts) eating a bit of crow come morning.

G-Men rule. :cheers:

+ 72 +91+92+93+98+10

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

I give a lot of credit to the Giants defense as they were able to get into Brady. I believe that made him think twice everytime he threw the ball. As for Eli, I think this is the start of the Manning's dynasty and for many years to come. Probably one of the best superbowl game I've ever seen.