Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accurate Plating and Weponry

JimmyZip

I was wondering if any of you people have ever used this company for any plating or finishing. They also have a finish called ceraguard that looks interesting. I like more subdued coatings and am always looking to find the alternative to electrofilm. Your comments would be appreciated.

BTW, These guys also have on-sight gunsmithing and porting. It wouild seem you couild go to them for one-stop shopping and get you gun worked on and finished without ever leaving their shop.

JZ

I've had three guns HC by them and excellent turn-around-time. Overall quality is excellent.

As with any Company sometimes little things are missed, but nothing that deters from their overall quality.

Bob did my Kimber Gold Match as one of the first Ceraguard guns back in late '04 or early '05? Did it in the Wilson Grey/Black two-tone color scheme. It has held up pretty well, but does show some wear on sharp edges. He hard chromed it first, incase the ceraguard wore off quickly the gun would still have a durable finish.

There are pictures of it in a Limited -10 or Single-stack thread, but my search-fu is weak today, and I cant find it.